Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Jamie pulling out the oktoberfest night.. good show.. your one will be legless again!!!!

Glad the veggie is last!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

timbertime wrote: »
    Oh a game?!?! I thought she didn't do entertainment?!

Thought Luisa didn't do entertainment or dressing up!!!

And what the blazes was with the Marscapone in the cheesecake considering she used fake parmesan for the starter!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Sofa King wrote: »
    The english shows are a hour long but has the four contestants in the hour, they're doing it night by night her.

They do both formats in the UK show - some hour long ones and some 5 episode ones. The irish ones DO seem shorter in comparison though, perhaps to allow for tv3's ridiculously long ad breaks :rolleyes:. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

hondasam wrote: »
    how come she knows nothing about herbs and spices, she is a veggie

They're all on CDWM and not one of them knew what tapenade was!?! Idiots.

Someone needs to tell that girl how to dress too. Frumpenstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Jamie pulling out the oktoberfest night.. good show.. your one will be legless again!!!!

Glad the veggie is last!!!!!

Well a veggie is never gonna be top of the food chain....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The english shows are a hour long but has the four contestants in the hour, they're doing it night by night her.

And if Luisa is reading this, i hate you.

In the UK they do two different types of episodes. There are the hour long ones where there are only 4 contestants and it's all piled in together, and then there are the five half hour episodes where they concentrate on just one contestant each day.

I do agree with what someone said that they seem to show less on TV3 than on Channel 4. Are the episodes significantly shorter I wonder? On Ch4 you get to see much more of the shopping and actual cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I think Jamie is the dark horse of the competition, the main emphasis from Dave Lamb is on Dopey the Veggie.

And Blondie better have a rack of something out for her party...

I wouldnt mind seeing her rack :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I have heard that Jamie's dad is a chef, wonder did he get help with the menu there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

In the UK they do two different types of episodes. There are the hour long ones where there are only 4 contestants and it's all piled in together, and then there are the five half hour episodes where they concentrate on just one contestant each day.

at least 5 different types

Daytime: 5 contestants over 5 days
    Primetime: Also known as all "All In One" with 4 contestants
    Daytime: Extra portions of the All In One primetime show
    Primetime: Re-edit of 5 contestant episodes in one hour long
    Celebrity: Where 4 unknowns try to win a cooking competition ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

veggies house looked like it was one of those sheltered accommadation places for the elderly

or else a halting site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

M&S* wrote: »

Right score :o
    I am a psychic!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Caros wrote: »
    Thought Luisa didn't do entertainment or dressing up!!!

And what the blazes was with the Marscapone in the cheesecake considering she used fake parmesan for the starter!

Parmesan isn't vegetarian, it contains rennet. Where as a lot/most other cheeses are vegetarian.

I'm a vegan, and I haaaaaaaaate when veggies are on CDWM they ruin it for me. They always manage to find the biggest fcuking dickhead veggies known to man. Like yer wan for example

Italian my absolute hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Much tamer tonight, no drunkenness or 'Carry On Dine With Me' really. Good for the contestants, bad for TV!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

timbertime wrote: »
    Oh a game?!?! I thought she didn't do entertainment?!

Or dressing up!

drBill wrote: »
    Or dressing up!

Hang on, didn't she say at the start of the episode she wouldn't make her guests dress up or play games cause she herself hated that stuff at dinner parties?

What a lying, hypocritical, self-obsessed twit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I hope in time they go to towns and not keep rotating the cities!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

So Apprentice won out for me for the live show, and just caught up with tonight's episode. Have to say, I'm really surprised at how much craic the Irish CDWM is! Having spent many a Sunday bingeing on the UK version, I have to say it's up there with some of the better UK episodes! No matter how contrived and selected the contestants are (by this, I really mean Luisa, the rest all seem genuine enough), it's still good fun!
    If I wore a hat, it'd be hats off to TV3, though without Dave Lamb, I wouldn't be as effusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Belmono wrote: »
    So Apprentice won out for me for the live show, and just caught up with tonight's episode. Have to say, I'm really surprised at how much craic the Irish CDWM is! Having spent many a Sunday bingeing on the UK version, I have to say it's up there with some of the better UK episodes! No matter how contrived and selected the contestants are (by this, I really mean Luisa, the rest all seem genuine enough), it's still good fun!
    If I wore a hat, it'd be hats off to TV3, though without Dave Lamb, I wouldn't be as effusive!

It's produced by ITV. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

Splitting hairs, Elmo...
    Never said hats off for production! ITV may be behind it, but they're not showing the episodes!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Question for the more knowledgeable CDWM fans. Has any vegetarian ever won a week? They always seem to want show the others how good veggie food is but they never seem to score very well, ime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

iguana wrote: »
    Question for the more knowledgeable CDWM fans. Has any vegetarian ever won a week? They always seem to want show the others how good veggie food is but they never seem to score very well, ime.
    Yeah, I definitely remember a week where a vegetarian won.

Remember a really nice looking vegetable curry was praised by all contestants in one episode.. even a hardcore meat-eater.

I've met Vikki, she's a lovely girl and the things being said are not only completely irrelevant to the show itself, they're gossipy and mean-spirited. Her night is going to make brilliant viewing and she's been great on the show.

EDIT: This makes no sense due to (deserved) deleting of offensive post.

I've met Vikki, she's a lovely girl and the things being said are not only completely irrelevant to the show itself, they're gossipy and mean-spirited. Her night is going to make brilliant viewing and she's been great on the show.

There are far worse things being said about Luisa. Obviously that's ok then because you haven't met her/don't know her :rolleyes:

Um, it's a reality tv show. Maybe you should stay away from the Cork thread while it runs, because you're obviously going to take personal offense to everything people say when you've met the people on it...

Guys and gals,

Any unsubstantiated rumours on allegations about the contestants will not fly here.

If your comment starts with, "a friend who was at a <insert function here> said" or "I have a friend who is a cousin of <insert contestant here> and"... then don't bother posting it. To us, it's nothing but rumours and depending on what is said in these circumstances, it could potentially be a libellous.

Also.. there are kids reading these forums too so enough of the crude names for body parts being thrown around.

Ta!

Basq wrote: »
    Guys and gals,

Any unsubstantiated rumours on allegations about the contestants will not fly here.

If your comment starts with, "a friend who was at a <insert function here> said" or "I have a friend who is a cousin of <insert contestant here> and"... then don't bother posting it. To us, it's nothing but rumours and depending on what is said in these circumstances, it could potentially be a libellous.

Also.. there are kids reading these forums too so enough of the crude names for body parts being thrown around.

Ta!

But we're still allowed to cheekily slag the contestants, yes? :D

Also, kids can read all forums on boards :confused: It's not our/your responsibility to censor it for their benefit...

There are far worse things being said about Luisa. Obviously that's ok then because you haven't met her/don't know her :rolleyes:

I don't like the things being said about Luisa, but what's being discussed is in the context of the show so it's fair game really. I think people constantly questioning her nationality is horrible, how she's being described is very harsh, and that the reaction to her is completely crazy and unwarranted. But the post above was uncomfortable and nothing at all to do with Vikki's having been on the show, and I'd've reacted the same way about a post like that referring to anyone, whether I knew them or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I just read back through those threads and the really has been nothing harsh or nasty said about Vikki. Most of the posts were extremely positive / neutral.

The show's own VO is a lot harsher about most of the contestants than anyone has been on here !!

Some of the comments about Louisa are a bit uncalled for in their level of over the top reaction. However, I get the impression she's intending to be controversial :)

She's making the show fun by playing-it-up and creating plenty of interesting stuff.

If they all sat there and have a picture perfect dinner party, we'd be falling asleep!

But we're still allowed to cheekily slag the contestants, yes? :D
    I've no problem with slagging contestants.. but let's ease up on Chinese Whispers.

Because I've a cousin whose dog was once owned by a man who was a uncle of Calum Best..

:eek:
    Also, kids can read all forums on boards :confused: It's not our/your responsibility to censor it for their benefit...
    Actually, it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

That's the problem with reality tv in a small country, everyone bloody knows everyone else !!

Advertisement