Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I hope for the Dublin version they do a mixture of D4 nobs & knackbags, that would make for top notch viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Ah here now, much of the ribbing she's getting here is due to stuff she actually said about the other people; bitching that they probably can't cook veggie food, that she'll mark them down 3 points for having the audacity to have a dress code etc etc :rolleyes:. It's hardly like the editors construed an innocent turn of phrase to have a darker meaning when she did so well at that herself!

Gotta wonder why these people go on the show in the first place. I mean, have they never watched it before? It's like one big slagging fest by Dave Lamb, with the occasional food shot thrown in for good measure :P

I think most of the online comments that she was talking about were on the cdwm Ireland facebook page I don't know if they saw boards but there's loads more Irish forums saying stuff about her anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't think Luisa is that bad tbh, the show would be boring if everyone was lovely and said all the right things.

The reason it is good is for the entertainment value Luisa brings to the show.
    If they were all nice like jamie we would not watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

hondasam wrote: »
    I don't think Luisa is that bad tbh, the show would be boring if everyone was lovely and said all the right things.

The reason it is good is for the entertainment value Luisa brings to the show.
    If they were all nice like jamie we would not watch it.

Hi Luisa!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

hondasam wrote: »

I don't think she is either. She has said some nice things about some of the other contestants. She loved the root soup Helena made and was very complimentary about it, even when it was just her to the camera. And she clearly adored Dave's horse. She does seem a bit weird with the whole not wanting to dress up/getting everyone to dress up, but we don't know what went on behind the scenes. For all we know the others could actually have suggested it, but the producers left that out in order to make her seem hypocritical. The bitchy comments could well be out of context, we're only seeing snippets, it could be part of a sarcastic exchange. And having the wedding dresses hanging out could have been the producers idea.

I know there are a lot of "coulds" in that paragraph, but we know that tv shows like this are incredibly selective about their editing and create specific narratives to get better ratings. And vegetarians are an easy target. I actually think Helena is often just as bitchy in her own way. She was clearly not willing to give the veggie food a chance at all. And the way she kept referring to Luisa in private on her own night was incredibly condescending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does anyone know whereabouts in Cork City or County the contestants are from?

I wanna go stalking :pac: only joking

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whereabouts in Cork City or County the contestants are from?

I wanna go stalking :pac: only joking

The house Luisa had looked like the houses in <SNIP>.

(Mod Edit: It's probably not the best idea to start guessing where they live!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

we all know it's all about the editing of these shows, the producers want people to watch and talk about the show.

The wedding dress was there as a talking point.
    The first show when dave's dog eat the food, who would let that happen.
    Helena getting pissed after saying what happened with the cat litter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mod warning: It is not appropriate to talk about where someone works or their job.

Thread cleaned up, thread reopened.

Mod warning: It is not appropriate to talk about where someone works or their job.

Thread cleaned up, thread reopened.

I never said where they worked? - I don't know them sure!

I was just throwing an assumption across as to what type of work it was, going what was said in the show and that of which was mentioned in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Keep on topic and do not question a mod decision on thread.

Keep on topic and do not question a mod decision on thread.

Ok

Sofa King wrote: »
    I never said where they worked? - I don't know them sure!

I was just throwing an assumption across as to what type of work it was, going what was said in the show and that of which was mentioned in this thread?

dun dunduuuuun

sofa king if you keep this up you will be BANNED zee MODS have SPOKEN

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think a lot of them go on the show because they're attention seekers or because they want to show off their opulent house. The rest are on it just to have some fun. Luisa seems to fit into the first category of being an attention seeker, while check shirt guy, posh horsey woman, blondie and older guy fall into the "have a bit of fun" category.

Luisa seems to be a mass of contradictions. For instance last night she was using fake cheese for the starter because she said something all the lines that "real cheese is a dairy product", yet she served mascarpone for dessert which IS a dairy product. :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Luisa seems to be a mass of contradictions. For instance last night she was using fake cheese for the starter because she said something all the lines that "real cheese is a dairy product", yet she served mascarpone for dessert which IS a dairy product. :confused:

That's not a contradiction and has already been explained on this thread. Parmesan cheese is made with animal rennet, a stomach enzyme, usually from calves. As cows need stomachs to live, the baby cow has to die to make parmesan, it's not vegetarian cheese. No animals have to die to make mascarapone so Luisa, not being a vegan, can eat it all she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,654 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Was a bit baffled by her last night saying she'd never make exceptions to eating meat as it would make her a hypocrite, while on the first night she said she ate a sausage a while back, which she'd really enjoyed...

iguana wrote: »
    That's not a contradiction and has already been explained on this thread. Parmesan cheese is made with animal rennet, a stomach enzyme, usually from calves. As cows need stomachs to live, the baby cow has to die to make parmesan, it's not vegetarian cheese. No animals have to die to make mascarapone so Luisa, not being a vegan, can eat it all she wants.

Thanks for clarifying that. Mea culpa.
    I still don't like her though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Who's cooking tonight? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grrrnurfur

I think a lot of them go on the show because they're attention seekers or because they want to show off their opulent house. The rest are on it just to have some fun. Luisa seems to fit into the first category of being an attention seeker, while check shirt guy, posh horsey woman, blondie and older guy fall into the "have a bit of fun" category.

I know Jamie (through Silverspoon) and he definitely did it just for the laugh. He couldn't be further from an attention seeker. And Jesus, Dave embodies the doing it for fun aspect! However, I would never do it myself, the prize money is pitifully small and not really worth it for the amount of abuse the contestants are likely to get.....Now if only I can get Jamie to introduce me to Blondie;)

Check shirt guy.

• Advertisement

Jamie with check shirt.

Jamie with check shirt.

Ooh can't wait.. Don't think he will win though.

My money would be on blondie to win it on the final night. She seems like the sort of girl who would have everything absolutely spot on.

I think Jamie is the dark horse of the competition, there hasn't been too much emphasis on him throughout.

But Blondie is a serious contender.

I think Jamie is the dark horse of the competition, there hasn't been too much emphasis on him throughout.

But Blondie is a serious contender.

Ya thats true. I'd say the blondie will win it though!.

the straight gymnast with a fondness for check shirts

temply wrote: »
    the straight gymnast with a fondness for check shirts

He's straight?? :confused::pac:

Yup, he has a girlfriend (Silverspoon on here) and everything.

Dave the farmer guy is gay apparently.

He makes Vinny Jones look like a pansy.

• Advertisement

Yup, he has a girlfriend (Silverspoon on here) and everything.

Dave the farmer guy is gay apparently.

:eek: But but he seems soo gay..
    And dave doesn't look gay :eek: Oh my god!

Advertisement