Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

2pac_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

That's what Luisa gets for complaining, i would hate to cook for her, i wouldnt even give her the scraps off the table.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

"Only God Can Judge Me" - a quote by Tupac on one of the Sugababes that she took the idea from? What a gammy looking thing. Not to mention all the effing stars on her back. Some of the smaller ones didn't even look symmetrical?? :eek: I'd like to know what tattoo artist did such hammy, heavy handed work!

Anyway, kinda surprised Jamie did so poorly tonight. It looked like his food was best of the lot so far, but obviously not everyone agreed. Shame. I was shocked by how low Luisa scored him, but I suppose when all you get for starters is soggy asparagus, and for a main and dessert food you don't like, then it's not terribly unfair. A tad underhanded though, if she's just trying to mark him down so her own position is stronger?

I also hate Helena as much as Luisa now - she clearly hasn't a clue about vegetarianism at all, and no real wish to inform herself. Very condescending and rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Squeakers123

Luisa really hasn't done herself any favours with her behaviour this week bad editing or no bad editing but Helena is really getting on my nerves. I love my meat myself, in fact I'm a pure carnivore but to not even make an attempt to open her mind to new horizons was just pure ignornant and narrow minded. I almost feel sorry for Luisa now!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Her tattoo's a bit ironic considering what show she chose to take part in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,267 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jaime surprised me tonight with his menu it was quite good but why the hell did he keep mentioning that Dave might eat extra :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wouldn't be surprised if the programme makers egged Helena on to talk about vegetarianism with Luisa. To be honest, whenever I watch CDWM I love to see them at each other's throats and the programme makers probably know that that's what a lot of viewers want to see. Sometimes the dialogue looks so forced, you just know they're being put up to it to try to make some sparks fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

So am I the only one not that bothered by Louisa? Could you imagine the boredom if she wasn't there? Plus, compared to many past Brit contestants, she's grand. Bit up her own arse, but she's really not that bad? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    but why the hell did he keep mentioning that Dave might eat extra :mad:

Hahaha. That's Jamie alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Basq wrote: »

If only there was a God to judge her.. Oops sorry wrong forum

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Hahaha. That's Jamie alright!

He didn't mean it maliciously though, you know that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

I must say CDWM Ireland is very good, It had me in stitches so many times. Jamie, Helena and Dave are gas. Just shows the Irish can have the craic. I'm like Jamie with all the check shirts...but I wear them because it doesnt make me look so skinny hehe. Hats off to tv3!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Luisa was complaining about the editing etc. yesterday, but I caught up on Wednesdays and watched last nights and she is coming across worse and worse. No editing can make her say the things she does. She just comes across as being so in love with herself, and very hypocritical. I thought she should have attempted meaty main courses on her night, considering everyone else catered especially for her.

Helena gets to me too, particularly how she is so ignorant towards the vegetarian thing. She was also quite sexist towards the lads. She just seems very wound up in herself and not open to anything else.

Jamie seems like a nice enough guy but nothing really stands out with him, apart from his shirts!

Vicki and Big Dave come across great, they both seem like decent people who are up for a bit of craic.

Enjoying the show so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aureliaa

I also think Luisa is a plant, as she doesnt really seen to understand whether she is vegetarian or vegan and she also admitted to having sausages the odd time, which would be totally taboo for vegetarians, especially strict ones like herself, altho she seems to be unsure of whats strict. and for an italian vegetarian not to be able to pronounce oregano.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I can't wait for tonight, looks like its really going to kick off good N proper!

Anyone know where its on next week? Is it Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

temply wrote: »
    Anyone know where its on next week? Is it Dublin?
    Tis indeed..
    Come Dine with Me Ireland
    Dublin 2 Day 1 Cosmetic surgery nurse Cora Murphy hosts the first dinner party of the week in Dublin, and hopes to impress psychology graduate Darragh McCausland, funnyman Johnny Cox, health and fitness enthusiast Eimhear O'Dalaigh and fireman Keith Murphy
    Category Cooking
    TV3 9:00pm-9:30pm (30 minutes) Mon 13 Jun

He didn't mean it maliciously though, you know that! :)

Saying it once was fine but saying again was too much imo

Helena and Luisa arent exactly on the skinny side either

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

Basq wrote: »
    Come Dine with Me Ireland
    Dublin 2 Day 1 Cosmetic surgery nurse Cora Murphy hosts the first dinner party of the week in Dublin, and hopes to impress psychology graduate Darragh McCausland, funnyman Johnny Cox, health and fitness enthusiast Eimhear O'Dalaigh and fireman Keith Murphy
    Category Cooking
    TV3 9:00pm-9:30pm (30 minutes) Mon 13 Jun

Oooh I think I know that Eimhear O'Dalaigh! She's a WeightWatchers leader, I went to a couple of her meetings ages ago ... seems to be a lovely girl, little bit mental (but in a good way!) She's got a Boards account ... could be interesting! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Saying it once was fine but saying again was too much imo

Yeah, I agree. I had no opinion of Jamie before last night but I thought he was a right pr*ck for commenting repeatedly on Dave's food intake. Dave's awesome! Jamie, not so much at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I think the recording of Jamie at the start of every episode saying "GO Jamie" in the campest accent ever would be a hit on Youtube..

go Jamie..

EDIT:

Here.. at 0:09..

Ah guys I don't think Jamie meant it in a nasty way that Dave might eat more. He had eaten with him for the previous 3 nights and, as a bigger man, it's very likely that Dave just has a larger appetite than the rest of them and Jamie would have noticed that.

It's not unusual on CDWM for people to give bigger portions to the guests that have bigger appetites...it's all about being a good, attentive host after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Vikki has here own website seemingly and she seems to be a presenter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vikkishorten2009

http://www.vikkishorten.com/#_

heffo500 wrote: »
    Vikki has here own website seemingly and she seems to be a presenter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vikkishorten2009

http://www.vikkishorten.com/#_

She always seems to give presents (besides wine) to the hosts I wonder what they are

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

She always seems to give presents (besides wine) to the hosts I wonder what they are

They're bracelets from her jewellery line. I think Dave got a gift of jams, not 100% on it.

Luisa was complaining about the editing etc. yesterday, but I caught up on Wednesdays and watched last nights and she is coming across worse and worse. No editing can make her say the things she does. She just comes across as being so in love with herself, and very hypocritical.

Did anyone get the feeling that Luisa suggested that dinner party game where people wrote something about themselves on a piece of paper just so she could boast that she sang for presidents and prime ministers?

Ah guys I don't think Jamie meant it in a nasty way that Dave might eat more. He had eaten with him for the previous 3 nights and, as a bigger man, it's very likely that Dave just has a larger appetite than the rest of them and Jamie would have noticed that.

It's not unusual on CDWM for people to give bigger portions to the guests that have bigger appetites...it's all about being a good, attentive host after all!

He could have just given him the larger portion besides commenting on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Did anyone get the feeling that Luisa suggested that dinner party game where people wrote something about themselves on a piece of paper just so she could boast that she sang for presidents and prime ministers?

Probably. The bit I was baffled with was her saying "I won't be asking people to dress up for my dinner party" (having complained on previous nights). She then goes on to forcing people in to very bizarre outfits.

But I don't see the problem in commenting on it. It's hardly like he said "dave's a fat bastard!"

• Advertisement

In fairness to check shirt guy I think he just meant that David likes food.
    Not that I think he's fat or anything... Better stop right now. ;)

Advertisement