Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Dave Lamb is the best thing about the British show no argument. That's largely because he is English and his patter fits perfectly.

I'm not sure his wit will transfer smoothly to the Irish series and a whole lot of fun will be missed because he can't possibly be tuned into the Irish Psyche to the same extent as someone like Ardal. Of course it will be heavily scripted but would still like to see something a bit different at this stage from a jaded format.
    basquille wrote: »
    FYP!

To be honest, everyone I know watches it loves it because of Dave Lamb. Take that sarcastic dry wit and you've got a run-of-the-mill bore on your hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Did anyone that applied for Irish CDWM, hear from the programme researchers yet? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

any update on the Irish auditions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

It's being produced by ITV Studios, the producers of the British version of the show, so all production values and standards should be the same as the one we're all familiar with.

I've heard no contestants have been contacted yet, and filming hasn't commenced.

It all appears to be very hush hush. It should be interesting to see when it comes about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

it's being filmed, my sister knows one of the contestants through work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    it's being filmed, my sister knows one of the contestants through work.

She need a chippendale-type for her night?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

amacachi wrote: »
    She need a chippendale-type for her night?

Actually yes... bet you know a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    Actually yes... bet you know a few

It's annoying how we don't talk yet you still stole what I was planning to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like this is starting soon on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw a clip for this during Head Chef last Friday night. It's definitely close....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mr E wrote: »
    I saw a clip for this during Head Chef last Friday night. It's definitely close....

Surprising summer show IMO would have thought it would launch in the Autumn. Seems to be June on 3.

Just heard on the news that tv3 are having some sort of launch announcement today. They have made 30 episodes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Starts Monday at 9pm AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Starts Monday at 9pm AFAIK
    Spot on MitchKoobski..

A half hour first episode and it starts it Cork.
    Come Dine with Me Ireland
    Season 1 Episode 1
    Cork Day One New series. Contestants try to outdo each other by throwing the perfect dinner party, which is then judged on its merits by their rivals, with the winner securing a 1,000-euro prize. In the first edition from Cork, animal-lover David Roche hopes to impress his guests with a menu including a seafood platter and warm chocolate cake
    Category Cooking
    TV3 9:00pm-9:30pm (30 minutes) Mon 6 Jun
    (New Series)

This has already been reported in the 'IRL Come Dine With Me' thread over on Reality TV but thought I'd let people know here regardless..

This starts on Monday at 9pm on TV3 and airs over Monday - Friday (5 episodes a week - same as UK).

They've apparently filmed 30 episodes so far, so looks like 6 weeks of new episodes.
    Come Dine with Me Ireland
    Season 1 Episode 1
    Cork Day One New series. Contestants try to outdo each other by throwing the perfect dinner party, which is then judged on its merits by their rivals, with the winner securing a 1,000-euro prize. In the first edition from Cork, animal-lover David Roche hopes to impress his guests with a menu including a seafood platter and warm chocolate cake
    Category Cooking
    TV3 9:00pm-9:30pm (30 minutes) Mon 6 Jun
    (New Series)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Been looking forward to seeing the Irish version, should be epic lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Excellent, really looking forward to this! Will it be running Mon-Fri? This will be great for TV3.

Will it be running Mon-Fri?
    That's what I'm assuming anyways.

Ah they'd have to. That's part of the appeal. They couldn't drag it out over 30 weeks...

Gah there goes my evenings!

Edit: Just remembered the TV3 Player. And presumably they'll have an omnibus at the weekends...perfect hangover telly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

My Cousin is going to be on it but I'm not sure when. If you could bet on it I'd stick the house on him winning it for his week. He's a hell of a cook, Gay as Christmas and very very quick witted in a kind of Graham Norton way.

I'm also trying to turn myself into a bit of a better cook and it's a great show for ideas. Hope it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I will watch this to see what it's like.
    I don't watch come dine with me as a rule but have seen a few episodes of the celeb ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ziedth wrote: »
    My Cousin is going to be on it but I'm not sure when. If you could bet on it I'd stick the house on him winning it for his week. He's a hell of a cook, Gay as Christmas and very very quick witted in a kind of Graham Norton way.

I'm also trying to turn myself into a bit of a better cook and it's a great show for ideas. Hope it's good.
    He'll win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts Monday 6th of June 2011 at 9pm on TV3

ziedth wrote: »

Where does he live?

Does anyone know what towns/cities they used? 30 episodes so presumably 6 places; Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford, Kilkenny?

9pm ???? Isn't this a Daytime show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I agree. This is hardly prime time television. I will sneak a peak though. I enjoy seeing it on C4 from time to time.

Ah now - you're complaning that new content from TV3 isn't suitable for prime-time?

They (or 3e, not sure) were showing the British National TV Awards from LAST January at 8pm last Saturday night for fecks sake!

This is much anticipated for a lot of fans of the C4 show.. it's as relevent to prime-time as say 'Take Me Out'.

New episodes of the C4 show are often on at 8pm - 9pm, so I can't see why this shouldn't be.

No in fairness Come Dine With Me is a very good Daytime TV show. But it is a Daytime TV show all the same. Just like Take Me Out is a Saturday Night show rather then a Friday Night show. Suppose we can't complain when TV3 are at least making some TV..... even if ITV are producing it for them :)

8 to 9 PM version is a omnibus edited version of the 4 or 5 daytime ones.

Its also great cringe TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If it aint got the british voice over guy, im not watching! :pac:

Advertisement