Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Basq wrote: »
    Last place.. 25 I think.

I thought she would be good, have to watch it tomorrow.

Helena must have been happy to win, best of a bad lot I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Prot0type

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Luisa must have been playing up to the Italian stereotype.Annoying and head stuck up her/his own arse.And she from Mullingar or somewhere?:D

Aye I heard that, wasn't sure if it was true or not until now. I heard they're associated to the Roma cafe or something? Makes you laugh, the name "Roma" is probably as close to Italy as she gets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Prot0type

Anyhow! (To have my post on topic...) I'm already looking forward to Monday's episode. It'll be interesting to see what mix of personalities there are from Dublin! Judging by the Cork saga, TV3 aren't going out of their way to find conflicting personalities in the same way the Brits do, which I'm glad of cause the Brits go a bit far. Reality TV becomes the showcase of the countries idiots, so good on ye TV3! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

hondasam wrote: »
    Helena must have been happy to win, best of a bad lot I think.

I think Dave's dinner looked considerably nicer than Helena's, she just got them pissed and as they were all drunk and laughing the scored her high. She seemed like an awful, ignorant, two-faced cow. Her comment along the lines of Luisa having no right to judge her as she was 52 and Luisa only 25 showed just what a self-righteous old tank she is. You could see Dave was pretty sick of her too by the end, yet he and Luisa actually seemed fairly affectionate toward each other. Dave was seemed like such a great buy my opinions on the contestants were partly based on how well he seemed to get on with them.

And she clearly has a serious issue with drink, she was constantly plastered. I'd suspect that maybe it was dutch courage for being on tv if she hadn't actually said she was making a big effort to drink less as it has been trouble to her before. Perhaps she'd be nicer and smarter sober.

Funniest bit was when she thought vampires were real and her utter shock that a man from Limerick could possibly be in suburban Cork.:eek:

Luisa was a bit of a pain in the bum too, but at the end it showed that she has a very deadpan voice when she is being sarcastic and an awful lot of what she said was taken out of context. And while I thought Jamie seemed like a very nice lad, I really don't blame her for only giving 4 points to someone who served up Quorn for dinner, it's the equivalent of a cheap Birdseye burger.

Oh, and did anyone else think that with her hair all done up, Vicki looked like Joy from My Name is Earl. I kept expecting her to chew gum and call them all dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

iguana wrote: »
    She seemed like an awful, ignorant, two-faced cow. Her comment along the lines of Luisa having no right to judge her as she was 52 and Luisa only 25 showed just what a self-righteous old tank she is

Exactly, someone to demand respect because of age annoys me. Just confirmed her stuck up attitude I though she had on first impressions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Poor Vicki :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Louisa and Helena really are two horrible people that I would hate to have any sort of interaction with. Both of them are full of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Enjoyed the whole week, was interesting how it twisted around with Helena and Louise.. Helena just became unbearable as the week went on with being so stubborn about trying anything new. She was just as rude as Louisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

iguana wrote: »
    And while I thought Jamie seemed like a very nice lad, I really don't blame her for only giving 4 points to someone who served up Quorn for dinner, it's the equivalent of a cheap Birdseye burger.

Considering most of them had no real experience of cooking for a vegetarian, I think Luisa should have cut them some slack. If I had a vegetarian coming round for dinner I wouldn't have a clue what to make them.
    I wondered at the end of it all what Luisa actually expected them to serve her as she seemed unhappy with most of the meals she'd been given during the week. Maybe she'd be a lot more mellow if she started eating meat again.
    It seemed to me that her vegetarianism was nothing more than a fad and some sort of bolshy fashion statement. After all, she said tonight that she'd eaten dog meat in her non-veggie days. I'm a meat eater but there's no way in a million years that I'd ever eat dog meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Helena was annoying me as much as Luisa by the end, you'd swear she never met a vegetarian before the way she kept going on about it. Actually, maybe she hadn't... And I did giggle when Luisa asked her if she knew what 'hypocrite' meant...

• Advertisement

just watched it, vicky was disappointing her entertainment was terrible.

Helena is a nasty woman and did not deserve to win.
    luisa is honest and my favourite at the end of the show.

jamie and dave were both nice.

What's people's problem with Helena? i would rather cook for her or have a meal with her than Luisa, least Helena wouldnt be criticizing the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

yeahimhere wrote: »
    Has Louisa said anything positive at all during the shows?!?

She has, but only about herself.

STIG83 wrote: »
    What's people's problem with Helena? i would rather cook for her or have a meal with her than Luisa, least Helena wouldnt be criticizing the food.

she was a bit rude and ignorant. So what if she is 52yrs it doesn't give her the right to be nasty.
    Helena did criticise the food.

hondasam wrote: »
    she was a bit rude and ignorant. So what if she is 52yrs it doesn't give her the right to be nasty.
    Helena did criticise the food.

If i was to pick who i rather between Helena and Luisa, i def pick Helena.

Helena - She came across to me as the drunk of the whole competition, i think she was lucky her dinner party was on early in the week as everyone didn't know each other still and they were being generous with the scores.

Dave - I think he's a genuine nice guy, the sort you can have a laugh with in the pub.

Jamie - Quiet young fella, genuine and wouldn't try to offend anyone on purpose i would think.

Vicky - I thought she came across brilliant all week, i just feel she fell at the last hurdle really, but then again as the last dinner party of the week they were all shattered and unfortunately the generosity of good scoring like at the start of the week had faded.

Luisa - Utter ignorant cow, i completely disliked her and her ways. My biggest issue with her was that she wouldn't accomodate the meat eaters at her party and that she expected them to accomodate her at theirs. Also, the pettiness of deducting scores for making her 'dress up' at their parties. To me a complete HIPPOcrite. And her evil bitchy side came through at the end when she through out a comment about slashing Helenas' tyres on her car.

I can understand editting does a lot to a show, but you can't edit what comes out of peoples mouths.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Considering most of them had no real experience of cooking for a vegetarian, I think Luisa should have cut them some slack. If I had a vegetarian coming round for dinner I wouldn't have a clue what to make them.

It's not that hard to go online for half an hour and come up with some veggie food. It's a competition where you will be scored on your cooking so making sure the veggie food is decent. Serving up processed crap will get you a low score. It's as simple as that. I adore meat but if I have a vegetarian coming to dinner I'll make as big an effort for them as I would for anyone else. It mightn't be the best food they've ever eaten but at least they'll know I tried. And while that is important to friends it's surely just as important in a competition if you'd actually like to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What's people's problem with Helena?

Argumentative old hag.

The show be boring without some bit of criticism or bitching between hosts!! Roll on the show in Dublin and wont have to be looking at Luisa's face anymore :)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    She thinks it's hypocritical that she doesnt eat horse and she's a veggie and she has eaten dog!

Wait she's only 25 stone?

Fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Sofa King wrote: »
    Fixed.

That's a bit unfair, she has lost alot of weight, still more to go but she's getting there.

I'm actually wondering is that the reason she went veggie, it would explain why she didn't seem to give a ****e about eating dog.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm actually wondering is that the reason she went veggie, it would explain why she didn't seem to give a ****e about eating dog.

Probably not. Most vegetarians seem to have "converted" to it because of the horrific conditions the animals are subjected to for the meat industry. Chances are the dog she ate was not. Besides, this was before she became veggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Well, it was certainly entertaining! Looking forward to the next city's edition.

They were all a good laugh, and if Louisa isn't a production company plant, she should chill out a bit! It's only a reality TV show with with a €1000 prize FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Probably not. Most vegetarians seem to have "converted" to it because of the horrific conditions the animals are subjected to for the meat industry. Chances are the dog she ate was not. Besides, this was before she became veggie.

That doesn't really make much sense to me, I'd be of the thought to get my meat from better sources where the animals haven't been kept in horrific comditions, and the beef/lamb in this country are out in being grass fed when and in winter are kept in a shed. Conditions/vet care in this country are normally pretty good so for me that isn't a good reason to not eat meat. (chicken yeah but not beef/lamb) Wayy off topic, I'm not going to argue with anyone over the conditions of animals in ireland.

Anyway back on topic, I was a little disapointed with alot on the menus, most of it seemed a little dull.

Oh and Louisa wasn't a plant, the producers are just really good at finding the crazys.

Also I wonder will there be a cork episode with norries, it'll probably need subtitles and an explaination of the cork slang used:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Orla K wrote: »
    Also I wonder will there be a cork episode with norries, it'll probably need subtitles and an explaination of the cork slang used:pac:

There'd be plenty of bures and feens would be up for that like. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Jamies voice reminds me of "the viper" from the hardybucks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

OMG Louisa was something else!

Was she a plant I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I liked them all drinking out of the glass boot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm glad Helena won - role on CDWM Dublin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

If i was to pick who i rather between Helena and Luisa, i def pick Helena.

yeah, to get shot out of a cannon

Advertisement