Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I can't stand Louisa as much as the next guy, if not more! But, to me, people giving out about her not accommodating the meat eaters is just ridiculous.

I've been a veggie for years and I genuinely can't stomach touching meat, especially if it's raw. The smell of it also makes me sick, especially the smell of it cooking. I live with another veggie so I don't have to deal with that often but when I'm in my family home and someone's cooking it I get a physical reaction to the smell. I know some veggies who don't mind cooking meat but I also know quite a few who also feel sick at the smell or thought of touching or cooking meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Anyway roll on this week's episodes :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

cosmic wrote: »
    I can't stand Louisa as much as the next guy, if not more! But, to me, people giving out about her not accommodating the meat eaters is just ridiculous.

I've been a veggie for years and I genuinely can't stomach touching meat, especially if it's raw. The smell of it also makes me sick, especially the smell of it cooking. I live with another veggie so I don't have to deal with that often but when I'm in my family home and someone's cooking it I get a physical reaction to the smell. I know some veggies who don't mind cooking meat but I also know quite a few who also feel sick at the smell or thought of touching or cooking meat.
    Well obviously Louisa's not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Louisa did state that she was veggie by choice not down to the fact she doesn't like meat. I think she even said she liked a fry.

I think veggies have this idea that some meat eaters are so by choice and not because they on occasion can't stand certain vegetables. If you have a problem with food then you really should not go on a food show.

In relation to Luisa editing aside she was a complete bitch to the camera no amount of editing could change that, the other woman was a bit of a head wrecker. (But I still wouldn't worry too much about what people say on the internet).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Elmo wrote: »
    I think veggies have this idea that some meat eaters are so by choice and not because they on occasion can't stand certain vegetables.

That makes no sense. Nobody eats meat because they don't like certain vegetables. That's saying Helena is a vegetarian as she doesn't like lamb or horse meat.

Most people can't stand certain vegetables, I hate, cucumbers, cooked onions, bell peppers and celery but that wouldn't stop me from being a vegetarian if I wanted to be one, as we don't eat meat as a substitute for the vegetables we don't like. We eat meat because as a species we are omnivores. We can survive on fruit and vegetables alone as long as we get the right mix of nutrients, we couldn't survive on just meat.

Many vegetarians just think that eating meat is abhorrent. It disgusts them to think of another sentient creature being killed for us to eat them when we don't strictly need them. People who have those beliefs could no more cook meat for someone else as they could eat it themselves. Many vegetarians were originally meat eaters, many still love the taste but they don't eat or cook it as they believe it is morally wrong.

Lastly, and maybe above all. Would you really be willing to eat something that the cook hasn't tasted? Something that they aren't familiar with cooking? That they are now cooking for a group, while under pressure? Especially something with potential for food poisoning that incorrectly prepared meat carries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,265 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Louisa does like sausage that was said a few times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Oh look at me I'm Italian.

I came here just to say "No, she is NOT Italian in ANY way".

Maybe she was born in Italy while parents where on holidays? Or something like that.
    She doesn't have an Italian skin tone, facial traits, accent, taste in food, manners, taste in wine and I could go on forever.
    Please, do not think she represented the average Italian person living in Ireland, do it for me :,(

(Living in Ireland more than 3 years now, lived in Co. Galway, Cork City, Dublin north side and now in Wicklow Town...I have the best English among other Italian people I know -I know it's not nice to say, but true- but I am far from having that kind of accent and I retain Italian traits in my speaking/writing, as it's normal)

Sorry for the rant, bring on the first Dub night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Louisa expected people to cook a veg dish for her so she should have cooked a meat dish for them anyway I found her the most unlikeable person I have seen on ty lately

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »

Luisa must have been playing up to the Italian stereotype.Annoying and head stuck up her/his own arse.And she from Mullingar or somewhere?:D

I am sorry that's your idea of "Italian stereotype", sorry and a bit annoyed, tbh.

Vicky was on Xpose the other night - her jewellery range especially the gloves are a big thing in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Vicky was on Xpose the other night - her jewellery range especially the gloves are a big thing in the US

It's fairly pricey - \i was looking on the website and the cuffs were €525 :eek:- did I see she gave them as presents to her hosts during her CDWM week? I noticed Louisa was wearing one in any case... Generous!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    It's fairly pricey - \i was looking on the website and the cuffs were €525 :eek:- did I see she gave them as presents to her hosts during her CDWM week? I noticed Louisa was wearing one in any case... Generous!

More like...marketing ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I watched this episode today and remembered that I know someone who was on the series last year so phoned her to ask her about it all as a lot of it just looked too scripted for me.

She told me some stuff I'd half guessed and then some stuff I'd never have guessed.

it's about 75% scripted. Certain people are told "you are going to be the bitch, you will the the ditz, you will be the camp gay guy" etc.

The bit with the taxi's is totally stagged and they are told what to give marks wise and what to say to a large amount.

The money was split 4 ways (at least for the episode they were in anyway) and they only found all this out the night of the first dinner.

Now, none of this surprised me too much, "reality" TV, especially tongue in cheek stuff like this, is usually highly scripted anyway, but the fact that they money was split 4 ways no matter what was a bit of a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Split 4 ways, with 5 contestants? How does that work?

Mr E wrote: »
    Split 4 ways, with 5 contestants? How does that work?

in the irish series there were 4 contestants. thats how it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There were 5 per week in the Irish series - one per night.

Channel 4 did a bunch of hour long episodes where 4 cooked in a single episode.

Mr E wrote: »
    There were 5 per week in the Irish series - one per night.

Channel 4 did a bunch of hour long episodes where 4 cooked in a single episode.

Then it was split 5 ways not 4, either way, it's irrelevant.

In Cork, David Roche, Victoria Shorten, Luisa Costello, Helena Crowley-Hayes and Jamie Knoblauch take turns to cook in this edition of the competitive culinary contest

Looks like it is getting another repeat showing tomorrow at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Looks like it is getting another repeat showing tomorrow at 8pm

I thought it was a new episode :(

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I thought it was a new episode :(

A new Cork one on Channel 4 tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭iseegirls

A new Cork one on Channel 4 tomorrow

What are TV3 playing at? Leaving Channel 4 show episodes that haven't even been shown on TV3 yet - and ones that TV3 produced. :confused::confused::confused:

There's been plenty of times where TV3 could have shown them since they were recorded months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

are we in for a run of come dine with me ireland,
    and why is it on channel 4, what are we paying licence for, it would one of the best programmes for irish licence viewer
    i thoroughly enjoyed the cork come dine with me this week,
    i loved the way they did not cop that the choc mouse went wrong, but all was great in the end,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

goat2 wrote: »
    are we in for a run of come dine with me ireland,
    and why is it on channel 4, what are we paying licence for, it would one of the best programmes for irish licence viewer
    i thoroughly enjoyed the cork come dine with me this week,
    i loved the way they did not cop that the choc mouse went wrong, but all was great in the end,

Your not paying a TV licence for Come Dine With Me. ITV Studios produce both the British and Irish versions of Come Dine With Me. Neither Channel 4 or TV3 receive any licence fee (though Channel 4 is a semi-state body in Britain).
    iseegirls wrote: »
    What are TV3 playing at? Leaving Channel 4 show episodes that haven't even been shown on TV3 yet - and ones that TV3 produced. :confused::confused::confused:

There's been plenty of times where TV3 could have shown them since they were recorded months ago.

It leads me to believe that ITV are behind CDWM Ireland with TV3 tagging along with the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Elmo wrote: »
    Your not paying a TV licence for Come Dine With Me. ITV Studios produce both the British and Irish versions of Come Dine With Me. Neither Channel 4 or TV3 receive any licence fee (though Channel 4 is a semi-state body in Britain).

It leads me to believe that ITV are behind CDWM Ireland with TV3 tagging along with the series.

That's what it sounds like really. TV3 are really dragging out this series, I don't know if they believe breaking it up every few weeks is good for the show? Surely a 5 or 6 week run at it in a row would have been better.

iseegirls wrote: »

TV3 finally showing the new Cork one starting tonight at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

They look like an interesting bunch of people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

What kind of dessert is that? F***in strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

du Maurier wrote: »
    What kind of dessert is that? F***in strange.

Mad dessert alright

Would have been funny if solicitor Fiona met a former client among the guests :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

That dessert is so weird, what the hell??! This one won't be winning anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Wish that vain lady would keep her mouth closed when eating. Looks like a complete savage:)

Advertisement