Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How many will watch this just to see if they know someone on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

30 minutes will seem awfully rushed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If it aint got the british voice over guy, im not watching! pacman.gif

Yeh Dave Lamb is class !! He makes the programme. Lamb - come dine with me wha' !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dave Lamb is doing the commentary for the Irish version too....
    Really looking forward to this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

CMpunked wrote: »
    If it aint got the british voice over guy, im not watching! :pac:

He's on the Irish one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'll deffo watch then if Dave Lamb is doing it !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Elmo wrote: »
    No in fairness Come Dine With Me is a very good Daytime TV show. But it is a Daytime TV show all the same.

Come Dine With Me started out as a daytime show but once C4 realised how popular it was they moved it to evenings and nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

8 to 9 PM version is a omnibus edited version of the 4 or 5 daytime ones.
    I'm pretty sure they're not. The daytime ones (half hour long) always have 5 contestants (Mon - Fri, 30 minutes per contestant), but the hour long ones always have 4 (each contestant has a 15 minute slot).
    CMpunked wrote: »
    If it aint got the british voice over guy, im not watching! :pac:
    It will have Dave Lamb doing the voiceover AFAIK.
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    30 minutes will seem awfully rushed I think.
    Same as the UK version - one episode (30 minutes) will be be focused on one contestant's evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Basq wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they're not. The daytime ones (half hour long) always have 5 contestants (Mon - Fri, 30 minutes per contestant), but the hour long ones always have 4 (each contestant has a 15 minute slot).

C4 don't have a prime time version going out Monday to Thursday/Friday. Just single hour longs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me#Series_1:_Daytime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me#Series_4:_Primetime

Seems to be

Daytime initially with 5 contestants Monday to Friday
    Moved to Prime time with 4 contestants, and then some re-edits of the Daytime version
    Daytime Extra portions for each guest taken from prime time's hour longs.

But no Monday to Thursday/Friday prime time

Either Daytime or Primetime come from each other and are interchangeable in that respect.

TV3 should have done prime time versions and provided extra portions Tuesday to Thursday at 6:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

C4 don't have a prime time version going out Monday to Thursday/Friday. Just single hour longs
    There's new half-hour episode at 5.30pm each day from Monday - Friday: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/come-dine-with-me

And up until last Sunday - there was new hour long episodes on Sunday evenings at 7pm.

Then there's specials scattered all over the place (Royal / Celebrity / Big Brother) etc.

There's regular new episodes of both Daytime and Primetime episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me#Series_23:_Primetime (it's starting it's 24th Series: Daytime this week).

The hourlong episodes are definitely standalone and not re-edits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

No in fairness Come Dine With Me is a very good Daytime TV show. But it is a Daytime TV show all the same. Just like Take Me Out is a Saturday Night show rather then a Friday Night show. Suppose we can't complain when TV3 are at least making some TV..... even if ITV are producing it for them :)

8 to 9 PM version is a omnibus edited version of the 4 or 5 daytime ones.

The hour long versions are usually standalone episodes and not edited versions of the half hour programmes.

TV3 would be mad to put it on at any other time than prime time considering the following that it already has from C4. I'll definitely be tuning into this.

There's new half-hour episode at 5.30pm each day from Monday - Friday: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/come-dine-with-me

And up until last Sunday - there was new hour long episodes on Sunday evenings at 7pm.

Then there's specials scattered all over the place (Royal / Celebrity / Big Brother) etc.

Yeah 5:30 isn't prime time (6:30 is just about prime time).

One hour long show on a Sunday night not at 9pm Monday to Friday.

Channel 4 seem to understand that you can reconstitute the show for prime time but that the daily version is not prime time. You can even make an hour long for prime time and then reconstitute it into daytime.

The hour long versions are usually standalone episodes and not edited versions of the half hour programmes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me#Series_5:_Extra_Portions
    Series 5 consists of re-edited versions of the daytime episodes, to a single primetime episode. So for a usual shows of 22-24mins with 5 contestants in daytime slots, the episodes were joined and re-edited, with footage being cut, to become a single episode of 62–63 minutes long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me#Series_6:_Primetime
    In late 2007 Channel 4 announced on their web site that they would be producing a fourth series for 2008 and issued an appeal for contestants living in Bath, Newcastle, Oxford, Exeter, the Fylde Coast, and Aberdeen.[6] Unlike previous series it would be aired in primetime and only feature four guests so that it could be aired as a single weekly hour-long episode. It is alternately titled "Come Dine with Me All in One" (as it is listed on the Channel 4 website). In episode 15, Lee Pritchett received a record breaking low score (for 4 contestants) of 7, obtaining scores of 3, 3 and 1.

Same as the UK version - one episode (30 minutes) will be be focused on one contestant's evening.

What version am I watching so. It goes on longer than 30 minutes.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What version am I watching so. It goes on longer than 30 minutes.

Either the prime time "all in one" with 4 contestants or the prime time re-edit of the daytime version with 5 contestants. Not the Daytime individual episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

They are showing the first two weeks of episodes, then a break of a few weeks followed by another 2 weeks episodes, another break and the final 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

That's series 5... we're currently on series 23! So as I said, the hour long versions are usually standalone episodes and not edited versions of the half hour programmes.

In fact more often than not it is the hour long episodes that are edited down to shorter versions.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    They are showing the first two weeks of episodes, then a break of a few weeks followed by another 2 weeks episodes, another break and the final 2 weeks.

Why don't they just show "All in ones" Monday Nights for 6 weeks followed by extra portions for 6 weeks at 6:30?
    That's series 5... we're currently on series 23! So as I said, the hour long versions are usually standalone episodes and not edited versions of the half hour programmes.

In fact more often than not it is the hour long episodes that are edited down to shorter versions.

Which doesn't escape from the fact that C4 have hour longs (all in ones) in Prime Time and half hours (individual) in daytime. But now that I say it will prob change :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I cannot wait for this. I love the way they edit the show to make the bigots look stupid (which isn't that hard to do to be honest).

I hope Dave Lamb will be more lively as I have noticed in recent episodes of the UK ones where he sounds bored. It sounds like he can't be bothered to care anymore!

I also am looking forward to the celebrity special with Blathnaid Ní Chófhaigh( I think that is how you spell it). I wonder have Dave will pronounce it.

It is very sad when tramps like her are considered to be a celebrity.

• Advertisement

tbahh wrote: »
    I also am looking forward to the celebrity special with Blathnaid Ní Chófhaigh( I think that is how you spell it). I wonder have Dave will pronounce it.

Just like Grainne Seoige on the All Ireland Talent Show :D
    It is very sad when tramps like her are considered to be a celebrity.

Well Michelle Heaton is consider one!

Well Michelle Heaton is consider one!

Until I Googled her I had no idea who she was. I fear I may be out of the celebrity loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Whens it starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Tonight at 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Undercover_

So excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I shall be tuning in, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Soooooo looking fwd to this - hope its not an anti-climax !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

I know a lady on it this week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AceHi

Just over two hours to go! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Yeah, bring it on. This is gonna be great :D

Advertisement