Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Light Switch

Options
  • 31-05-2011 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

There is a switch in my house which i assume is broken as the light stays on all the time and the switch has no affect on it. I was planning on changing the switch and was wondering is this hard to do or is it straight forward, being an absolute amatuer i am very nervous about playing with the electrics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

It isn't difficult. However, I'm not going to offer any advice as your probably better off getting a pro to it.

I don't want to be a smartarse but if you need advide on something like this chances are your better off leaving it to the pros. 10 minute job for a sparkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fjh79

very simple job. takes literally 2 minutes. i agree with the other bloke if youre totally clueless bout electricity, get someone in. you surely know a friend who can help you out. i am a sparks so if you insist on doing it yourself pm me and ill send you my number and can talk you through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Yeah i think you are both right, i will leave it to a pro, one of my mates is a sparky so hopefully i will be able to get him out to have a look, but you know how it is when you finish work the last thing you want to do is look at anything remotely connected to your job!!!

Thanks for the advice i didnt think it would be wise to play around with electricity anyway.

Advertisement