Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this application exist outside an Iphone

Options
  • 31-05-2011 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Hi

The Iphone has an App that basically locates your phone if stolen. I believe this allows in short the location of the phone to be tracked every time it connects to the internet.

Does the application exist for lets say a Nokia N8?

Z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Zambia wrote: »
    Hi

The Iphone has an App that basically locates your phone if stolen. I believe this allows in short the location of the phone to be tracked every time it connects to the internet.

Does the application exist for lets say a Nokia N8?

Z

Yes: http://periodic.phonelocator.mobi/home/phones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Ive got it running on th N8. It works well but make sure you get your bill de-itemised as it connects to the internet to send its GPS location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I uploaded it last night. Good app like the fact it will text you if someone removes the SIM. I have not tested that yet as I dont see how it can?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Zambia wrote: »
    I uploaded it last night. Good app like the fact it will text you if someone removes the SIM. I have not tested that yet as I dont see how it can?

it sends a text if someone changes the sim the text will be from the new sim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Thats awesome so not only do you have the phones location but the Number of the person who now has it. Have you tested this. Has anyone ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement