Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh sweet Jesus (comic relief thread)

• 31-05-2011 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Father of 5 week old here...

Nobody prepared me for the smell of those bottles.

It's like...

Oh God It's just the worst smell I've ever encountered!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

If the bottles smell worse than the nappies then there is something wrong! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Oh God It's just the worst smell I've ever encountered!

Don't worry - you'll be smelling things far worse than those bottles before too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

wait until they start solids the nappies are bad but if they get sick its worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

yeah the poos are not too bad just yet...the bottles...argh..

And the journey from solids should be fun haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We use a formula called nutramigen it is the worst smelling formula ever,it is awful.
    Most people can not tell if the smell is dirty nappies or dirty bibs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

What does it taste like? (tha bottles, that is!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Only tasted it once when she vomited in my mouth....
    YUCK!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It tastes nothing like actual milk... more... chalky? I dunno... I've tasted it... but can't really explain it... I can make you a bit if you like and you can see for yourself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Might pass on that one, thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

oh the smell of formula is rank! no idea why more people dont give out!
    Another one to add to the pros for for nursing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Our twins were on the nutriprem 2 formula and it smelt like rotten fish :( grim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

The smell of formula isn't the greatest when you're making it, but the stink of it that comes out our young one after we burp her is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I get the faint air of fish from Aptamil no. 1.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Never thought the aptamil smelled to badly personally.

Whatever they topped James up with in the hospital was disgusting.

The worst milk smell I though was from the defrosted breast milk. Whatever the freezer did to it, I dunno. The small fella always preferred it straight from the 'udder' anyway so we didn't give him a massive amount of expressed milk.

I found out yesterday evening that my husband had only been wiping the high chair and not taking out the removable tray. James had spilled a load of cow's milk and it had gone down the crack to under the tray. When I lifted the tray I gagged with the amount of stale milk down there. Eugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I exclusively breastfed my little girl, an shes only just started drinking cows milk since hitting 12 months. She refused to drink formula. And I don't blame her, it smells and tastes AWFUL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Do they still make Milton disinfectant?
    Lovely smell.

Get some of this OP

yes but fortunately we have steam sterilisers these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

I find the smell of formula foul too. I put it in my daughter's weetabix this morning as had run out of full fat milk and I honestly thought I was going to be sick - it was like there was a chemical reaction between the two. Needless to say, she didn't eat it! I'd prefer to change a dirty nappy any day. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭positron

Mrs P is nursing our 5 month old, I have tried the milk - it's really nice and tiny bit sweet - way better than cows milk imho! And daughter's nappy doesnt' smell either. We have to open and inspect to see if she has soiled it or not, and even then there's hardly any bad smell.

Starting on solids this week, so lets see how it is in a few weeks.

Advertisement