Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.4kW Immersion for a 300L tank?

• 31-05-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a new 2.4kW immersion coil in my 300L tank. It takes almost 4 hours to get the tank to 60 degrees using the coil. This is way too long in my limited experience with immersion.

Is this coil too small for this size of tank? Its the one that came with it.

Its a dry immersion coil. Any idea where I could get a bigger one? Supplier gone bust long ago.

Comments

Toplink wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a new 2.4kW immersion coil in my 300L tank. It takes almost 4 hours to get the tank to 60 degrees using the coil. This is way too long in my limited experience with immersion.

Is this coil too small for this size of tank? Its the one that came with it.

Its a dry immersion coil. Any idea where I could get a bigger one? Supplier gone bust long ago.

If you have a direct heated cylinder then they normally have two immersions but as you have only one then I would guess you have a indirect cylinder and the immersion is only designed as a back up to the main coil which on a 300l can be between 26-30kw, I don't think you will get a immersion larger than 3 kw but you can get immersions with temperature selectors that allow you to heat the cylinder to a higher temperature than 60c.

Advertisement