Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport for non aussie and domestic flights...?

Options
  • 31-05-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

I have searched EVERYWHERE for my passport..
    and I'm flying out on Friday to Alice Springs..

Does anyone know if I NEED the passport..
    or can I get on with my Irish driving license?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Why would you need any ID for a domestic flight? You are not leaving one country and entering another!

If your not convinced surely the airline you booked through will state what their policy is for identification?

I would expect at most maybe the credit card you booked with or any other form of Identity with your name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Ive never been on a domestic flight, so I wouldnt have a clue what the procedure is.

Who you flying with?
    Check their website.
    It shouldnt be much more of a procedure than catching a bus.
    I did do it once about 11years ago, Gold Coast to Sidney, but cant remember the drill!
    In NZ for domestic I only needed proof that I was the person who the ticket was issued for!

thank you,
    i only realised i couldnt find it when it passed 6pm.
    so hopefully flight dosent go up in cost tomorow morn!

fingers crossed.

I can just organise a new one to be sent to me in the time i have:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

As long as you don't approach the check-in or bag drop desks at the airport it is unlikely any one will ask you for ID. It may be worth dropping into your local roads authority office and picking up some local ID though. I'm not sure why anyone would want to carry around an Irish toy driving licence anyway. ;) Bouncer in Fortitude Valley asked me if I had printed mine up at home once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If you have bags to check in / manual check in they ask for ID (or they did for me)

Otherwise if you use the check in boxes and have no bags then no id is asked for ... I think you are suppose to have it ... but should get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

shakencat wrote: »
    I have searched EVERYWHERE for my passport..
    and I'm flying out on Friday to Alice Springs..

Does anyone know if I NEED the passport..
    or can I get on with my Irish driving license?

OP, i work fly in fly out and travel domestic qantas every 3 weeks, technically you need some form of photo id such as drivers licence however if you do check in yourself at the machines and automatic bag drop you will not be asked for any id as you don't interact with any humans!
    I carry WA drivers licence if needed but to be honest only time i ever got asked for id was when i had to check a bag through manually.

So how did you get on?
    Did you make the flight OK?
    I am technically jellous., Never got to Alice Springs myself, had almost scored a job there then it fell through! Supplose to be fantastic Craic with overseas agency workers in the hospital there!

yeah., im here!!

alice springs is nothing special!!
    im 500 k outside of alice.
    back arse of no were..
    very boring..

but suppose its just to make some moneys!!

all to pay for college so roll in the dosh!!

Thats brilliant that you made it there safely!

Hopefully you will be able to make the most of it....
    At least you have internet!
    Big bonus when your in the middle of the A-Hole of Nowhere is at least saving money is easier... No where to spend it!

Hopefully you will be able to get into Alice for a bit of the Craic. Like I heard its suppose to be quite a happening (if a bit different) spot due to all the footloss, agency and contract workers there! (I think they may out number the locals!) Try finding the hospital social club or staff quarters if your looking for drinkin pals in the town! Doubt you would go far wrong! :D

• Advertisement

nahim not a fan of here! or alice!!
    il be here as long as i can handle being put down because i am from Dublin, and not the outback!!

diriculous!!
    thanks for the encouragement though!!

Dont let them get to you.
    They do it to every one!
    I got it for being from NZ. I told then "whell someone has to keep australia working!" or "Sorry I thought I was in the west island of new zealand!"
    I get it a bit in Ireland where I often get accused of having an english accent!
    Take it as a joke and give it right back to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Man! I'm looking in to heading that way (Australia, not Alice Springs necessarily) for sometime before the end of September. There'll always be some who don't settle, I guess. Hopefully I won't be one of them.

Lemag wrote: »
    Man! I'm looking in to heading that way (Australia, not Alice Springs necessarily) for sometime before the end of September. There'll always be some who don't settle, I guess. Hopefully I won't be one of them.

il gladly say.. i was wrong about myself..

before i left i was sure i wouldnt want to go home any time soon.

But this is NOT a place I want to live in.

and Im not ashamed to admit it!

kiwipower wrote: »
    Dont let them get to you.
    They do it to every one!
    I got it for being from NZ. I told then "whell someone has to keep australia working!" or "Sorry I thought I was in the west island of new zealand!"
    I get it a bit in Ireland where I often get accused of having an english accent!
    Take it as a joke and give it right back to them!

I defo wouldnt take that if I was a kiwi.

I would take my left arm to be working in New Zealand than here,
    I love your country,
    and I know alot more who think the same!!

Best month of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Advertisement