Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Caveat emptor gentlemen.

Now back to business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I can honestly say when I bought the 2 playstations I thought I may trade one against some other retro goodness down the line. Then I had planned to downsize my collection. I stated in my original ad that I would trade for some snes rpgs.These have become very sought after and thus inflated prices as you all well know. My asking price was completely open to offers or trades, I had no way of knowing they were still available at the original asking price. You can get plenty of lowballer offers on Adverts, I got an offer and I took it. Sorry if this made me look like a capitalist pig. At the end of the day something is only worth what someone is going to pay for it.

Sure there's no need to go apologizing, nothing said here should ever be took personally I'm sure we all agree. Your right in that Adverts offers can swing both ways and you can get some stupidly low offers too. The only reason you got such a high price for it, was that someone else seen an even higher price to be got so no harm done to anyone really, as the ebay seller will likely be stuck with it now [if it sells for the bin price I truly give up :o]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

EnterNow wrote: »
    if it sells for the bin price I truly give up :o

If it does I can pass him number on to somebody on here with a spare one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's not bad actually, not bad at all.... pity I have just spent €90 on games today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

1 power supply and no controllers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Yeah priced to sell apparently, he also has some transformer figures for sale, Brand new! in open boxes.

Maybe I'm crazy but if the box is open surely they aren't... well, new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Maybe I'm crazy but if the box is open surely they aren't... well, new?

Apparently on Adverts even if a box is open, the item can still be classed as brand new. Sure remember the brand new 7800? It was open & used, but still brand new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Well, its an improvement on what SF2 was going for not so long ago from the same seller. - Nearly half the price, and 2 MegaDrives in the deal too! :D

Original DotY(AE) post:
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »

That said, its a different copy of SF2, as that €100 has been reduced to €90 - its still one sale. Different box art too.

Oh Adverts, you so crazy. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe it's the ledengary version of SF2 that was on Father Ted?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    Apparently on Adverts even if a box is open, the item can still be classed as brand new. Sure remember the brand new 7800? It was open & used, but still brand new.

But he promised it was brand new, promised!
    Had to be true so!

ah good old adverts, aka the frustration station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thats not bada at all, especially seeing as one of them is the more desirable non TMSS version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

o1s1n wrote: »
    Thats not bada at all, especially seeing as one of them is the more desirable non TMSS version.
    TMSS? :pac:
    Edit: Never mind! Picture explains all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Damn , the free shipping makes it tempting !

safetyboy wrote: »

Is there anyone out ther actually will to spend crazy money on something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Is there anyone out ther actually will to spend crazy money on something like this?

Well he didn't except my very unfair offer. So FU seller dude :D

Master of the Universe

What he's asking for, hell no! That's just insane. For that it would want to be a completely unreleased high profile Zelda game. And even then, I wouldnt see it selling for as much as that.

What he's asking for, hell no! That's just insane. For that it would want to be a completely unreleased high profile Zelda game. And even then, I wouldnt see it selling for as much as that.

Well if we take for granted that the cart is a genuine proto cart, and is one of a kind (not all necessarily the case) what would the market value be? up there withe the best of them?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Well it's a proto, but it's not of an unreleased game and its the same as the final version.

So it's just the standard version of the game on some eeproms - or in other words, the least desirable of all protos.

I'm sure there's a Zelda nutjob out there who would pay big money for it and genuine Nintendo ones are hard to come across - but as far as items go, it's not a very interesting cart at all.

As a comparison, a Mario Kart proto which was identical to the final version sold on ebay recently. That franchise would be up there with Zelda for popularity.

The final price? - 225GBP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Well it's a proto, but it's not of an unreleased game and its the same as the final version.

So it's just the standard version of the game on some eeproms - or in other words, the least desirable of all protos.

I'm sure there's a Zelda nutjob out there who would pay big money for it and genuine Nintendo ones are hard to come across - but as far as items go, it's not a very interesting cart at all.

As a comparison, a Mario Kart proto which was identical to the final version sold on ebay recently. That franchise would be up there with Zelda for popularity.

The final price? - 225GBP

it sold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251116736970&clk_rvr_id=370956460258

Master of the Universe

Sold for $55,000.00

HOLY MOTHER OF ****ING ****BALLS!

Whoever bought that is an absolute moron. A very rich rich moron.

Just goes to show, big up your auction with absolute crap and someone will fall for it.

"I have a LOOK R@RE!!!!!!! copy of Sonic 2 for sale, only €45,000!" then wait for the idiots to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Damn I sold one for €4!!!! Didn't realise Sonic two was rare.
    Lucky I have two copies.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Damn I sold one for €4!!!! Didn't realise Sonic two was rare.
    Lucky I have two copies.

Two copies of Sonic 2??
    Who do you think you are, Steve Si or something????

Sold for $55,000.00

HOLY MOTHER OF ****ING ****BALLS!

Whoever bought that is an absolute moron. A very rich rich moron.

Just goes to show, big up your auction with absolute crap and someone will fall for it.

Hate to say it but I kinda called it.

Master of the Universe

Hate to say it but I kinda called it.

My mistake was underestimating the stupidity of rich fanboys on ebay :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

My mistake was underestimating the stupidity of rich fanboys on ebay :D

Hey don't knock it, they might come in handy some day. ;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hey don't knock it, they might come in handy some day. ;)

Ah, you're right!

I apologize to the rich fanboy overlords. May they continue to line our pockets with gold! :)

Advertisement