Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ok.
    I'm not liking the tone that the discussion is taking on this subject.
    The tone of the debate is becoming personal and that's not on.
    As a mod here I'm making the call.
    Nothing new is being added to the discussion anyway of late and it is becoming a back and forth of the same points.
    So, that's that thank you.
    Any further discussion should be moved to a dedicated thread, if you like, but will be monitored for personal comments and any of those will be met with censure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ok.
    Nothing new is being added to the discussion anyway of late and it is becoming a back and forth of the same points.
    Any further discussion should be moved to a dedicated thread, if you like, but will be monitored for personal comments and any of those will be met with censure.

Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

{:D}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

{:D}

Rumour has it they know how to treat a guy right :)

No problem with the price, the wording of the ad though - http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/wipeout-2097/2241404

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ok.

Ur ma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,214 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ur ma!

I think the best reply to this Ciderman, is to go and troll the hell out of the games forum. :pac:

Try to get hooradiation involved. It'll be glorious.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Try to get hooradiation involved. It'll be glorious.

:pac:

What new lows have we stooped to now, mods trolling each others forums :pac:

Master of the Universe

Stay out of the peaceful barren land that is Sega!

One of these days they'll release a new console and it will be flourishing hive of activity, I can feel it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

No problem with the price, the wording of the ad though - http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/wipeout-2097/2241404

They probably have it mixed up with the original WipeOut (which wasnt a launch title either , but was a fairly early high profile PS game).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

You need more bodies.
    How does one submit themselves for mod-ification then ?
    (and ..yeah I feel the Ban hammer would feel ...right in my hands!)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    They probably have it mixed up with the original WipeOut (which wasnt a launch title either , but was a fairly early high profile PS game).

Yeah thats whats going on I'd say, still, funny :D

Master of the Universe

You need more bodies.

I was made a mod two very different ways -

Airsoft- was a new forum, I knew more about the sport than the existing moderator, he handed the reigns over to me. Queue 4 years of forum and sport expansion, creating a sports body nationally recognised by the government and the DOJ, shops opening and closing, death threats from lunatic posters and the PC brigade (how ironic that was), overall a rollercoaster and a mind fuck.

Sega - I suggested the forum in the forums forum (!), it was created after months and months of waiting, was made a mod of that by default.

Had to give up Airsoft after years as it literally became a full time job.

Sega on the other hand..well... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »

Sega on the other hand..well... :D

o1s1n and that forum:

tumbleweed.gif

:P

You need more bodies.

The normal way is that if your a prolific enough poster on a forum, & the existing mod is stepping dow, he/she would be asked to name suitable replacements so your name would come up.

A good knowledge of the rules, reporting offending posts & helping others out all looks good etc etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I still don't know how or why I'm a mod of the playstation forum :o

But yeah - just participating positively and prolifically is usually the way mods are picked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well I have spent enough time trolling my own forum,
    6/10
    Halo
    Hipsters
    Streets of Rage
    Golden Axe
    So what is it
    A poster buying everything twice, even a polished turd like the Neo George X.
    Darius vs Gradius, when we all know Raiden is the best
    Boulder Dash Vs Repton

And so on.

Also, there is another mod here that shares the blame for you lot!
    He's out there, somewhere, watching from his high castle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So I should buy 20 on eBay and sell them on adverts for an inflated price, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

correctamundo

• Advertisement

That's the grubbiest immaculate condition console I've seen in many a year.
    Throw him a tenner and he'd bite your hand off I'd say, €40 is pure kite flying.

That's the grubbiest immaculate condition console I've seen in many a year.
    Throw him a tenner and he'd bite your hand off I'd say, €40 is pure kite flying.

Its certainly flying high with no pads/psu or video cable alright

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sera just said: 'Well it is rare for a megadrive to be sold without cables.

Well, get in line folks,
    There's a guy on Gumtree selling a highly collectable N64 with no games or controllers for the paltry sum of 600 euro!
    He will throw in Diddy Kong Racing for a tenner but he must have preferred Mario Kart 64 because that's going to cost you an extra 100 euro!
    He also is selling an Atari 7800 for a more reasonable 80, no games included either, but there is a controller at least. He will send along two more games for it, he says, Phoenix for 12 euro and Kenseiden for 10.
    What he forgets to mention is that Kenseiden appears to be a Master System game, or it does from his photos at least.
    And if you are really flush then he'll send the lot to you for 812 euro, no doubt charging extra for postage, the box and and air that happens to leak into the parcel by accident.
    I can't post a link from here but here's the address just in case any bargain hunters amongst us can't contain themselves...

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-video-games-consoles-in-dublin/nintendo-64-console-and-atari-7800-with-games-409819671

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

This does say offers but why put 999 in the asking. I don't think it's even worth 100.
    http://www.adverts.ie/2277597

Monkeykube wrote: »
    This does say offers but why put 999 in the asking. I don't think it's even worth 100.
    http://www.adverts.ie/2277597

I have the Policenaughts box set, its really not worth that much at all. And a JP Snatcher is next to useless given its a text based game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I know it just puts people off making an offer. I fully understand that they are tidy copies but none are in short supply.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I know it just puts people off making an offer. I fully understand that they are tidy copies but none are in short supply.

Yep, its also against Adverts rules not to state an asking price in your ad.

• Advertisement

People pull all sorts of stunts,
    Sticking up a large bunch of games and putting a price on the ad of some nominal sum that bears no relation to the ad whatsoever.

Advertisement