Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,214 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Whaaaaaaaaaaa? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Thats kinda cool!

As a conversation-piece, I suppose:

'So, how'd you manage to construct a cab in the dark?'

On topic of the thread, I see there's some yahoo selling unboxed, used GCN controllers for €25 a pop on Adverts. More worrying, seems they're gonna sell
    at that price. This is made all the more perplexing by the fact CeX had a Wavebird gathering dust at €20 'til a couple of days ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    As a conversation-piece, I suppose:

'So, how'd you manage to construct a cab in the dark?'

On topic of the thread, I see there's some yahoo selling unboxed, used GCN controllers for €25 a pop on Adverts. More worrying, seems they're gonna sell
    at that price. This is made all the more perplexing by the fact CeX had a Wavebird gathering dust at €20 'til a couple of days ago.
    christ! I have a GCN + controller and a few games up there for a tenner more than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

this is ingenious! why did i never think of it!! :rolleyes:

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-video-games-consoles-in-dublin/wanted-anygame-consoles-478571802

Los Lobos wrote: »

I'm actually curious if it's a uninformed reseller, or just a daydreaming enthusiast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

tempted to send him an email pretending to be a Nigerian scammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I love how specific he is on the 'free consoles he's about to receive'

Nintendo Advance SP - Any color really but I would like in Dark Blue
    Nintendo DSI XL - Any colour really but would like it in Wine Red

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,214 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

'but it has to br working.'

Haa stipulations on an advert looking for free stuff. I love it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I love how specific he is on the 'free consoles he's about to receive'

Nintendo Advance SP - Any color really but I would like in Dark Blue
    Nintendo DSI XL - Any colour really but would like it in Wine Red

:confused:

Ah sure you wouldn't want to get chancers offering any old free crap! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lads if any of you guys have a copy of earthbound or radiant silvergun you want to get rid I'll take off your hands aand will do it ABSOLUTELY FREE.

Now I'll take any old copy but I'd much prefer if Radiant Silvergun was mint and had the spine card included and Earthbound was boxed with the strategy guide.

I'm doing you guys a favour!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lads if any of you guys have a copy of earthbound or radiant silvergun you want to get rid I'll take off your hands aand will do it ABSOLUTELY FREE.

Now I'll take any old copy but I'd much prefer if Radiant Silvergun was mint and had the spine card included and Earthbound was boxed with the strategy guide.

I'm doing you guys a favour!

Damn, was just about to hit the PM button when I remembered my minty RS only has the registration card not the spine card. Sorry. :(

Now if you have a minty Garegga to trade we could do business, not the Verbatim european release though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if anyone has a boxed copy of Stadium Events for the NES getting in their way, I'll gladly take it off their hands FOR FREE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Y'know, I'm tempted to stick up an ad or two similar having read it.

Sure, its pushing my luck (maybe massively so). But for the sake of having a phone number that's tied to an old Nokia with a pay-as-you-go SIM/forwarding email address used only for that purpose it gives me a chance to fill in a hole or two in my collection for next to zero effort or cost whatsoever; and maybe they're consoles that'd otherwise only go into the landfill.

Even if they were broken it'd give me an opportunity to try and test how good/bad I've gotten at desoldering and repairs. Plus free stuff to stick up in the trades section or to donate to the Santa Strike force come Xmas (once its properly cleaned up inside and out of course).

Could make someone else happy and maybe grow the retro community a little here on boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

if anyone has a boxed copy of Stadium Events for the NES getting in their way, I'll gladly take it off their hands FOR FREE.

If anyone has any mint copies of Goldenaxe or Streets of Rage I have a bonfire in the back garden that needs feeding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

everytime i check this thread I get an incredible urge to log into adverts/ebay/gumtree and troll the fuk out of the ads:pac:

Is it just me?

returnNull wrote: »
    everytime i check this thread I get an incredible urge to log into adverts/ebay/gumtree and troll the fuk out of the ads:pac:

Is it just me?

I do :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Proco Jr. wrote: »

It was up for €40 the other day then someone told him it was worth €200 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not very retro, but seems appropiate

ODViNDA0NTM1N2U2ZDE4MmQ4OTIxZDNhNWI5ZGNmMTnyQgI_Lxai-a_VbZ1Ud-2yaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNmNkOTIyZDg1NzNmYzVlOTk3NzlkNWVjNDA4NzZjZWUwODU2MDY3Mjg4ZTcxYzVkZjMwYTU2ZDg5ZDhmZWUxZi5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

3DS XL amabassador console, just the 20 games installed the system, yours for 500 euro.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-3ds-xl-ambassador-program-console-20-games/2877491

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not very retro, but seems appropiate

ODViNDA0NTM1N2U2ZDE4MmQ4OTIxZDNhNWI5ZGNmMTnyQgI_Lxai-a_VbZ1Ud-2yaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNmNkOTIyZDg1NzNmYzVlOTk3NzlkNWVjNDA4NzZjZWUwODU2MDY3Mjg4ZTcxYzVkZjMwYTU2ZDg5ZDhmZWUxZi5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

3DS XL amabassador console, just the 20 games installed the system, yours for 500 euro.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-3ds-xl-ambassador-program-console-20-games/2877491

I thought the ambassador games were locked to the original handheld? ie the original 3DS?

• Advertisement

No it can be moved from one system to another with the system transfer yoke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only game I would say is worth any money is the zelda game that nintendo pulled from the eshop which isn't on that list. You could buy all those games and a 3DS and still have change out of the 500 euros and also have physical copies that will actually hold their value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The only game I would say is worth any money is the zelda game that nintendo pulled from the eshop which isn't on that list. You could buy all those games and a 3DS and still have change out of the 500 euros and also have physical copies that will actually hold their value.

Which one did they remove?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Which one did they remove?

The 3DS four swords game.

That's not very good though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, if anyone wants to offer me 400 for a launch 3DS with the ambassador things on, feel free.....
    Not sure it's entirely worth it, given not only can you buy them from the e shop for less, you can buy the original hardware and the games themselves for less!
    It's all mad I tell's ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, if anyone wants to offer me 400 for a launch 3DS with the ambassador things on, feel free.....
    Not sure it's entirely worth it, given not only can you buy them from the e shop for less, you can buy the original hardware and the games themselves for less!
    It's all mad I tell's ya!

No GBA games available on the 3DS Eshop yet. Which I find to be a bizarre business decision frankly.

I stand corrected, although I think I'm right about the actual carts and hardware, being a cheaper option than a €500 3DS:XL.
    In fact, I wonder, if we put our minds to it, could we outfit a games room with consoles and games for a total of €500......

Might make a thread of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The 3DS four swords game.

Why was it removed?

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Why was it removed?

The only reasoning I can see is because it was an anniversary edition, and was only ever meant to be available for a limited time (I'm reading a year). Nintendo, unlike the rest of humanity, actually take these things literally it seems.

Advertisement