Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Didn't know you could load an SD card through memory card slot on the GC at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,208 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Either did I! that's a really interesting mod.

Queue Ciderman buying one in 5,4,3,2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

WAIT I HAVE A GAMEBCUBE,

link to the mod?

Ed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Either did I! that's a really interesting mod.

Queue Ciderman buying one in 5,4,3,2...

I've already got one!
    Never used it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

airmax87 wrote: »
    Didn't know you could load an SD card through memory card slot on the GC at all.

Yea, but don't expect to be playing GC games anyway quick through it if thats your plan - it is hella-slow. Maybe for emulators on it, but unsure of the point of that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

GC comparable Wii with USB Loader GX is the definitive way to play GC backups on actual hardware imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bargain:

fzffdc97n5wz.jpg

Cheaper than buying a box of fags.
    Rotten yoke

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No shame here
    Literally a RPi, a case and a memory card
    €110
    http://www.adverts.ie/14229310

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-switch-mario-zelda-sonic-mania-mario-kart/14218698?notification=387f25974212028b325f73e2419d08d6-1511166438#comment_93991174

Not a dreamer, but its a rip off when the games are now tied to the account rather than the console and he was trying to sell it like it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

another one of them cabs you see everywhere and cant hold downback to play your game of street fighter with the buttons mapped wrong

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/retro-arcade-machine/14540127

Lightweight= there's only a raspberry pi inside
    485 games= I only bothered to stick in a 8gb sd card I got free with a digital camera a few years ago

Master of the Universe

Really cheap looking build quality. I pity the person who paid a grand for that!

Ah no one will pay that much, the cab itself looks good but internals do not.

I need to get in on this and start undercutting these lads but I'll use japanese parts instead..maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

slap a Nintendo logo on anything and everybody will want it... including stuff that has existed for free for ages :D

They could stamp large cardboard boxes and sell it as affordable housing I'm sure

pile-empty-cardboard-boxes-19872403.jpg

BGOllie wrote: »
    slap a Nintendo logo on anything and everybody will want it... including stuff that has existed for free for ages :D

They could stamp large cardboard boxes and sell it as affordable housing I'm sure

pile-empty-cardboard-boxes-19872403.jpg

Speaking of which:
    http://www.adverts.ie/14506092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

eddhorse wrote:
    Speaking of which:

God loves a trier :)

• Advertisement

So what's a fair price to be selling bartops at?
    Our shop is planning on buidling some (proper japanese parts, no tacky art etc)
    based on a pandoras box.
    Could be great for the shop if the margins are right but I've never seen these for sale at non silly prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

airmax87 wrote: »
    So what's a fair price to be selling bartops at?
    Our shop is planning on buidling some (proper japanese parts, no tacky art etc)
    based on a pandoras box.
    Could be great for the shop if the margins are right but I've never seen these for sale at non silly prices

Depends on a few variables. Screen size, hardware specs, build quality/finish, quality of controls, 1p/2p, marquee lighting, etc etc. For the time & effort to make a nice one, I'd say it'd be hard to keep costs down enough & still make profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I dont think you can make basic(but good quality) bartops that sell for a reasonable price and still make a profit on them.
    Now, if you can make something really great looking with an especially clean/sexy design, you can charge a good bit more a pull in a decent profit per machine.

Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I dont think you can make basic(but good quality) bartops that sell for a reasonable price and still make a profit on them.
    Now, if you can make something really great looking with an especially clean/sexy design, you can charge a good bit more a pull in a decent profit per machine.

Remember that dude who made the candy cab bartops? They were amazing. Prices were mental but they really were slick.

Master of the Universe

Was looking through some old photos and came across this beauty, jesus :eek:

Someone actually looked a a Domy Jr with no CP and thought, 'I know exactly what this small petite Candy cab needs, an aircraft carrier bolted to it'

domy0.jpg

On a brighter note, the control panel also doubles as something to bury you in, presumably after you die at the hands of O1s1n, who loves petite Candy cabs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

https://www.facebook.com/thatsretroIRL/

445013.jpg

"Bargain price" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

hate to see the non bargain price!!

What does it cost to put a semi decent bartop together?
    I've thought about it once or twice, might actually go and do something about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

What does it cost to put a semi decent bartop together?
    I've thought about it once or twice, might actually go and do something about it

Well you can get a bartop flatpack for around £100 on ebay, delivery prob expensive. After that either an rPi or old cheapo windows system and ex-office cheapo monitor on adverts would fit the bill nicely, plus knobs and buttons also from ebay, I'd say you'd be talking €250-300 total.

Advertisement