Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't like my new phone!

Options
  • 31-05-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

As per the title, I got a new touchscreen mobile phone recently and dont like it. Nothing wrong with it, but I'm having trouble getting used to it and would prefer one with buttons (which I've used for years) It also has a load of features I dont need or want to use. (I'm getting old :rolleyes:)

Do I have any options to return the phone or even to trade it against a different one in the same shop?
    Or are any of these offers to buy your old mobile worth it / not a scam etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

You should be able to bing it back depending how long you've had it, not sure off the top of my head the amount of time you have to bing it back 30 day's i think could be wrong though. Them places you send your phone to will give you money but not half of what you paid even if its brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

What phone is it? It might be easiest to sell/trade it on adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

you have no legislative right to a refund, replacement, credit note or anything at all relating to your unwanted phone, by all means, take the phone back to the shop and ask them if they will replace it or refund you, but if they refuse, then you will have to walk away. that is unless you have some kind of written assurance (often on the receipt) that refunds will be give, usually within 28 days of purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

sendit wrote: »
    You should be able to bing it back depending how long you've had it, not sure off the top of my head the amount of time you have to bing it back 30 day's i think could be wrong though. Them places you send your phone to will give you money but not half of what you paid even if its brand new
    Maybe 30 days if the phone is unopened and unused.

OP, you could try and bring it back but I would imagine it unlikely in the extreme that the store would accept it. You're better off just selling it and getting another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Your best bet is to sell the phone privately(adverts.ie) as those cash for mobiles/gold/cars/etc shops and websites would not give you anything near the value of the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement