Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Entire House for artistic project - Castletroy, Limerick

Options
  • 31-05-2011 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there,

I am writing with an unusual request. I am an artist and my current area of research will see me working in the local housing estates in the Castletroy area from September 2011 - May 2012.

As part of my research I require a house with a minimum of three bedrooms (max 5!) for the academic year in which to base my project. With the help of funding I will be renting the entire house myself.

At present, the majority of suitable houses have already been taken up by very organised UL students! I preferably would prefer a house in one of the following areas:

- Elm Park
    - Milford Grange
    - Heidlberg
    - Milford Avene
    - Compostella
    - Chestnut Close
    - Alder Close
    - Avignon
    - El Dorado
    - Dun An Oir
    - Louvain
    - Avilla

At a push, I would also accept a house in College Court and the surrounding streets of College Court (Harvard Close etc). I have already spoken with many landlords and checked the UL accomodation listing as well as daft.ie, but have had no luck.

I am hopeful that someone out there either a) has a property available or b) can put me in touch with someone who has.

Feel free to PM with any questions / information.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

- What is your budget?
    - What kind of art project is it? Some landlords may be worried about you installing things with nails, painting, making what could be considered a nuisance outside etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kunstenaar

The landlord would not have to worry about any damages etc as I can guarantee the house will be returned in the same condition that it was received.

I have a budget of €12,000 - €15,000 which when looking at the current rental prices in the area is a sufficent amount for me to rent the type of house I require.

The project is detailed but primarily will be addressing the concept of 'home' and 'community' within the local area. The initial phase of work will be dialogical in nature and will involve interested parties coming together to exhange ideas on the above concepts. So to answer your question, the landlord should have no fear that art materials such as paint or nails to hang items will be used or damage the interiors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kunstenaar

*bump!*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement