Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOad Line Calibration, ?? vdroop ?? help needed

Options
  • 31-05-2011 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi there

i currently have a 990x ,with a g1 assassin mobo, setting s are as follows, bus , 133, multi x 26, inlet boost on auto, i get 3.5mhz, i wanna get 4.4, stable, or maybe 4.2, 100 STABLE.

iv reading reading about llc,AND VDROOP could some inform me whats the best , the board has to load options, level 1, level 2 , shud i be loading these when trying to over clock, also what settings should i be higher when trying to get that speed,, multi , bus, or both, with vcore, slight increments. and what temps do you think would be the max on each core,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

maxokeeffe wrote: »
    hi there

i currently have a 990x ,with a g1 assassin mobo, setting s are as follows, bus , 133, multi x 26, inlet boost on auto, i get 3.5mhz, i wanna get 4.4, stable, or maybe 4.2, 100 STABLE.

iv reading reading about llc,AND VDROOP could some inform me whats the best , the board has to load options, level 1, level 2 , shud i be loading these when trying to over clock, also what settings should i be higher when trying to get that speed,, multi , bus, or both, with vcore, slight increments. and what temps do you think would be the max on each core,

How do you have a 990X and not know how to OC?

Anyway, raise the multiplier until it's unstable, then raise VCore a notch, and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

How do you have a 990X and not know how to OC?

Anyway, raise the multiplier until it's unstable, then raise VCore a notch, and repeat.

i bought this for work, so i never had a need to overclock, just thought id try it out, what about the load line calibration etc, and vdroop

thanks

i bought this for work, so i never had a need to overclock, just thought id try it out, what about the load line calibration etc, and vdroop

thanks

I'm not sure about LLC, but I know VDroop is when, for example, you select 1.5V for VCore, but it's only supplying 1.49V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

I'm not sure about LLC, but I know VDroop is when, for example, you select 1.5V for VCore, but it's only supplying 1.49V.

so if i enable llc, if i put 1.3 volt to the vcore, its actually get s 1.3 volts, ???
    do you think i should leave the bus speed , and just up the multi/ and disable intel turbo boost,

so if i enable llc, if i put 1.3 volt to the vcore, its actually get s 1.3 volts, ???
    do you think i should leave the bus speed , and just up the multi/ and disable intel turbo boost,
    Just up the multi, leave the bus alone for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement