Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite dish advice

• 31-05-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So I recently bought a new tv that is happily receiving saorview through my aerial and it also has an inbuilt freesat hd tuner. I currently have no satellite dish and would like to purchase one and have it installed. I have rang around some local guys who quoted me approx €90 for supply and install but I really want to make sure that the dish I get is a quality one that will last a reasonable amount of time.
    So could anyone give me some advice what I need to look out for. Dish size? Any particular recommeded dish? How do I know that I am getting a proper installer? Is there a list of registered installers? Future maintenance/repositioning?
    I have trawled through a number of posts on the board but most people seem to already have sky dishes installed by sky engineers. Any information is greatly appreciated. I'm in Co Meath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

cutedarcy wrote: »
    So I recently bought a new tv that is happily receiving saorview through my aerial and it also has an inbuilt freesat hd tuner. I currently have no satellite dish and would like to purchase one and have it installed. I have rang around some local guys who quoted me approx €90 for supply and install but I really want to make sure that the dish I get is a quality one that will last a reasonable amount of time.
    So could anyone give me some advice what I need to look out for. Dish size? Any particular recommeded dish? How do I know that I am getting a proper installer? Is there a list of registered installers? Future maintenance/repositioning?
    I have trawled through a number of posts on the board but most people seem to already have sky dishes installed by sky engineers. Any information is greatly appreciated. I'm in Co Meath.

Have a look in the stickies above, pleanty of shops their online / both bricks and morter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

Advertisement