Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBD Claim - Certified Repair Centre - Disaster

Options
  • 31-05-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi All,

Long story short.

Attempted break in to my car. 3 Things damaged.

Consulted FBD as per process - recommended their certified repair centre.

I went with that.

Assessed - booked car in - got courtesy car.

Repair took 4 days.

On collection, only 2 of the 3 issues had been repaired.

Garage told me I had to take car, as courtesy car was only covered for 1 week which finished on Sunday, and therefore I was liable for costs.

I agreed to bring it back to them on good faith - they'd "fix it later".

That evening, I drive into a car park, pop the window down to get the ticket from the machine, pop window back up - it moves 2 inches and grinds to a halt.

I inform FBD on Monday morning, they apologies etc etc. Bring it back to garage, they'll sort that out.

I did, there was a mess, but I won't get into it - their poor customer service and corner cutting. I got car back.

Initial 3rd problem fixed, and window appeared to be working.

Next day, window is not working properly, it goes up half way now, and then scrapes up the side of the rubbers.

Esentially, the garage repaired bodywork on front door, and appear to have messed up the allignment ro somthinig with the glass.

They tried to fix it twice now, and still haven't been successful.

FBD adivce - Bring it back to them, the garage assures that it will be resolved this time.

Spoke to garage, they insisted the window needs to be oiled.

If they put anymore oil or grease on the window, I will not be able to see out it - that's how much they've got on there allready.

Here is my dilema :

At this stage, I can continue to run with this cat and mouse game.

FBD have now said if the garage fails to fix it this time, they will get me to a different garage.

I'm thinking that the second option now is to put in a new claim against the garage.

I need to get this car through the NCT about 2 weeks ago - I've been waiting to get this mess resolved.

Anyone got any advice / experience with this sort it issue - mess of a Certified Retail Centre ?

Thanks a million guys who got this far ! ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Crimson125

Hi All,

An udpate - the garage has attempted to fix the problem.

They were unsuccessful.

Anybody got any advice please ? I don't want to have to fork out to get this resolved :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Crimson125 wrote: »
    FBD have now said if the garage fails to fix it this time, they will get me to a different garage.

Get them to do this. Tell FBD you want the car in the same condition it was before the break-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Tell them they have a last chance to rectify all problems or you will go to a garage of your own choice and they will have to foot the bill. Unless you signed a satisfaction note when you first got the car back, that will soften their cough. You are not obliged to negotiate with the garage, they sent you there, it is their problem

• Registered Users Posts: 22 marzi

dont worry about any satisfaction notes you may have signed,they mean nothing. you are entitled to have the job done properly and cant be expected to go through every detail of the car to make sure its ok. what type of car is it? who was the repairer?

Advertisement