Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handball Alleys

Options
  • 31-05-2011 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi folks,

anyone know of any in the tuam/claregalway area. the one in claregalway was knocked and abbeyknockmoy is boarded up.

I don't mind traveling a bit further afield as they are a great amenity to keeping fit.

Thanks,
    DW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Think the ball alley in Barnaderg is still standing. Well the front wall and parts of the side walls at least. There is still a handball alley in St. Jarlath's and there seems to be a good one in Moylough. There was a time when there was a handball alley in every parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

There is one in the Jarlaths secondary school grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Ballinasloe has a newly renovated one which is well used

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rachelle Loves Labradors

Corofin has one right beside the river but you'd need to clean it up a bit before playing I tried (FAIL) ;( gud luk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

hi folks,

anyone know of any in the tuam/claregalway area. the one in claregalway was knocked and abbeyknockmoy is boarded up.

I don't mind traveling a bit further afield as they are a great amenity to keeping fit.

Thanks,
    DW

may not be of much use to you but there is one out by silverstrand

Advertisement