Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I apologise for daring to critise an obviously over worked government department who are undoubtedly doing their best to process all the applications. My comment about their pre rehearsed speech was based on the fact that everytime we ring we have heard exactly the same, word for word from the people manning the phones. I will refrain in the future from making direct criticism of the over worked civil servants in their permanent, pensionable and secure jobs. Please accept my sincere apologies, my comments were obviously born out of the stress and sleepless nights we are having at the moment wondering how we are going to pay for our kids to get back to school next week.
    Every body on this thread, whether you got your payment or not, should go to their local CIC and ask that a Social Policy Report be submitted regarding the delays in this payment. Go from there to your local TD and ask him/her to look into the delay. Make it clear to him/her that you expect a written reply. The Respite Care Grant is paid each year, in the first week in June, to every single entitled person, promptly and with no application forms. it is therefore entitely possible that the BSCFA could be paid out in the same manner. I dont understand the delay in making the application forms available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I just wanted to let all the parents know i just checked my bank account and its in !! no letter yet.i thought id been forgotten about on some pile or lost ! im so relieved ive been praying for the last few weeks not just for myself but for everyone ,i applied the 1st july,i have 16,15,13 yr old, i was having nights waking up thinking where will i get the money i feel like ive been in a bad mood for weeks with worry, so ladies i am still praying for ye hopefully everyone will get it very soon .This thread has been a life saver i thought i was the only one this stressed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

cars77 wrote: »
    I just wanted to let all the parents know i just checked my bank account and its in !! no letter yet.i thought id been forgotten about on some pile or lost ! im so relieved ive been praying for the last few weeks not just for myself but for everyone ,i applied the 1st july,i have 16,15,13 yr old, i was having nights waking up thinking where will i get the money i feel like ive been in a bad mood for weeks with worry, so ladies i am still praying for ye hopefully everyone will get it very soon .This thread has been a life saver i thought i was the only one this stressed out.

So happy for you and hopefully there will be more posts saying people got it!! Fingers crossed for those waiting still
    H

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gerryandliza

I too am so happy for everyone that has received their payment before school starts. I can only imagine what a relief it must be, as for us who havent, I guess it means more sleepless nights.

I too am so happy for everyone that has received their payment before school starts. I can only imagine what a relief it must be, as for us who havent, I guess it means more sleepless nights.
    Hang on in there, I know the stress of it is terrible, reading these posts today makes me wonder what is it going to be like next year!!! Are we going to be in the same boat again????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

can anyone point me to number where to ring? I want to ring them to at least find out if they have my papers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 leannejoshua

1890 662244 but dont press any number just wait to be put on to an operator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

patnor1011 wrote: »
    can anyone point me to number where to ring? I want to ring them to at least find out if they have my papers :)

Unfortunately they cant even tell you that - they never logged the applications as they came in so they cant tell. You only hit the system when they decide if they are paying you or not... & I nearly exploded when she said this morning they are dealing with week 1 applications still. Its taken them 6 weeks to deal with week 1 applications.

OMG !!!! I just got through to a lady that told me that my application has more than likely been lost !! i send my form off the 1st july and she told me that they are now on week 2 applications !!!! so if they had mine it should have been processed by now !! im waitn 7 weeks 2 be told this !!

OMG !!!! I just got through to a lady that told me that my application has more than likely been lost !! i send my form off the 1st july and she told me that they are now on week 2 applications !!!! so if they had mine it should have been processed by now !! im waitn 7 weeks 2 be told this !!

Thats exactly what im afraid of -2 years ago thats what I was told so resent it registered. Then they lost that one too , resent again & they told me whoops sorry its after 30th september - CLOSED ! Was like a lunatic & no I couldnt appeal at as it wasnt based on a decision ...... Getting a bit frantic now!

• Advertisement

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Thats exactly what im afraid of -2 years ago thats what I was told so resent it registered. Then they lost that one too , resent again & they told me whoops sorry its after 30th september - CLOSED ! Was like a lunatic & no I couldnt appeal at as it wasnt based on a decision ...... Getting a bit frantic now!

When did you apply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

i think my dad sent mine in round the 10th of july, i know it was sent in at the same time as my grant form which was due the 12th so was before that

still have heard nothing,

just wondering will it just appear in the post office, or will a letter be sent saying its in?

im in drastic need of it for college, have to pay my rent deposite on thursday, and iv only got half, so if it doesnt come in am completely screwed

I too phoned the number on Friday and was informed that they are still busy with week 1 applications :confused: I was told that I still have a minimum wait of 4 weeks till we get ours which doesnt help as my kids start going back to school this wednesday:( I dont know what else to do, I cant borrow money so guess my kids are going to be staying at home:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I too phoned the number on Friday and was informed that they are still busy with week 1 applications :confused: I was told that I still have a minimum wait of 4 weeks till we get ours which doesnt help as my kids start going back to school this wednesday:( I dont know what else to do, I cant borrow money so guess my kids are going to be staying at home:mad:

Hi,I'm just new to this. I sent mine the 12th July so I'm phoning 2-3 times a week. I desperately need mine too my 2 are going back 1st sept

Hi,I'm just new to this. I sent mine the 12th July so I'm phoning 2-3 times a week. I desperately need mine too my 2 are going back 1st sept

Judging by the posts there seems to be no logic to the way that they are dealing with the applications ( I posted mine around the 6th/7th July)..Some people are being told that they are only dealing with first week applicants still but I would have been 2nd week, the only thing that they can tell you is if you are in the system so ring and give them your PPS number and then if your application has been dealt with your PPS number will come up on their screen...Hope this helps
    H

heathcliff wrote: »

Judging by the posts there seems to be no logic to the way that they are dealing with the applications ( I posted mine around the 6th/7th July)..Some people are being told that they are only dealing with first week applicants still but I would have been 2nd week, the only thing that they can tell you is if you are in the system so ring and give them your PPS number and then if your application has been dealt with your PPS number will come up on their screen...Hope this helps
    H

Hi, I've been getting through to the number but they keep yelling me it hasn't been awarded yet!!! But a friend who posted theirs the exact same day as me got a letter 2 weeks ago asking for more income details as her husband is working

This is what I mean, there seems to be no order/system of how they are dealing with the applications as they are coming in :confused:...All I can say is to keep trying and judging by the amount left (according to the news that is) there is no way that they will be able to get through 45,000 for the first!!!:mad:...All you can do is get what you can for your kids for school and tell the school you will be getting the rest when you are able to...You are not alone being in this situation!!
    All the best

H

Just wondering is there anyone else that sent their form off the 1st July still waiting ??:confused:

Just wondering is there anyone else that sent their form off the 1st July still waiting ??:confused:

There are still people waiting who sent their forms in the first week of July. The help line told another person that they were busy with week 2 applications but on Friday they told me they are still busy with week 1:confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

i sent mine in on 2nd/3rd july, rang last friday still not processed, and to make it even worse it takes 3 or 4 working days for payment to go through! so even if it is dealt with on monday morning i wont get payment untill wed or thurs, talk about cutting it fine. ill tell you what though even when everyone gets payment eventually we need to ensure this does not happen next year, living on a low income or on social welfare is hard enough without this extra pressure.

i sent mine in on 2nd/3rd july, rang last friday still not processed, and to make it even worse it takes 3 or 4 working days for payment to go through! so even if it is dealt with on monday morning i wont get payment untill wed or thurs, talk about cutting it fine. ill tell you what though even when everyone gets payment eventually we need to ensure this does not happen next year, living on a low income or on social welfare is hard enough without this extra pressure.

It is indeed very stressful, I havent received my payment yet and I am not even showing on their system. My first child goes back this wednesday. :(

I think there going to need more then 14 people
    At the best of times the Department wouldnt have been 14 people to spare, at this time of the year in particular. I think if they are going to run this scheme next year that they need to start processing it before 30 June. Thats if they run the scheme:(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Hi I put in my form for the BSCF Allowance on the 1st of july and have just rang them and was told its not even on their system yet & when i asked how long i could be waiting for she had no idea !! she said it could take maybe another 4 weeks!!! have to say i was very polite with her but her attitude sucked !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

rang up today and there machine says there dealing with applications from the 12th
    so id suggest anyone who sent them in befor that and havnt recieved payment to send the forms again

lankz92 wrote: »
    rang up today and there machine says there dealing with applications from the 12th
    so id suggest anyone who sent them in befor that and havnt recieved payment to send the forms again

Sent mine in on 12th... Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

There's currently an 8 week turnaround. If you haven't heard 8 weeks after you apply, then you should ring. However, they aren't actually able to tell you if they have received your application as they did not log them on receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

So if you sent them in with less than 8wks till the deadline, then you don't hear anything and they 'haven't received them' when the deadline arrives......???

They've really made a dogs dinner of this!

lankz92 wrote: »

I sent mine in the 6th & when I suggested resending she nearly diied at the horror that I would block up the system with a duplicate application.... So guess im waiting to see if I hear something by 6th september. To wait all this time to be told they lost it - wonder how many they " lost" ! Not a happy bunny ! Back to school next Tuesday - Thank christ for wonderful Grandparents !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

cant believe it just off the phone, they are now dealing with second week of july applications, she said if i sent it before this to re apply! RE APPLY!!!! oh my god im so fed up, i have done what i can over the last few weeks but that meant my bills were not being paid, so now i still dont have everything kids need and im in arrears with my esb etc. i feckin give up

cant believe it just off the phone, they are now dealing with second week of july applications, she said if i sent it before this to re apply! RE APPLY!!!! oh my god im so fed up, i have done what i can over the last few weeks but that meant my bills were not being paid, so now i still dont have everything kids need and im in arrears with my esb etc. i feckin give up

I'm in exactly the same situation as this regarding bills ect.. I rang yest & he told me to ring back in a week but I sent mine 12th July. It's gone beyond a joke at this stage

whats the number to ring? i just keep getting answer machine

Just got off the phone with good news ..... Finally !!!! My payment will be in my account 2moro morning !!! After being told that my form was more than likely lost !!! So maybe others that applied the first week will get some good news 2 !!!!

whats the number to ring? i just keep getting answer machine

1890662244 but dont press 1 just wait to speak to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭bubbles747

thanks so much leannejoshua, gonna ring now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

i just called after sending in 3 applications and they were able to tell me they had received mine dated 25th july and that it will probly be 3 weeks untill its processed not much help since the kids are back and going back next week but at least i know they have received it ,that alone was worrying me not knowing it if had been lost in the post i have already spent 800 on my son going to sencondary school and still not finished so im going to discuss with primary school if i can pay a lump and the rest when and if i get the btsca or out of my childrens allowance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    I received mine this morning in the bank - no letter as of yet. I sent my application in on the 7th July and its the first time I have ever applied for it.

Hopefully everyone who is entitled to it receives it soon.

Fran

• Advertisement

I'm seriously starting to worry now.. I've still the books to get & 1 jumper.still no word of it.don't want to ring again & be told no..it's not here piss off!! It's all so stressful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

If you have applied on or before the 12th of July give them a ring on 1890 662244 don't press any buttons and wait to speak to someone. Give them your pps no and ask them to check if you are on the system yet. If not ask them to send you out another application. The new application will come with a priority envelope to be sent to a specific section in the dept. Your application will then be dealt with quickly.

As there was a PO box number used as the return address for all applications, some of the apps have gone amiss or have not been sorted with an post yet. With so many apps going to the one po box number I'm thinking they weren't as prepared as they thought!

Finally my application is showing on their system. She said they dealing with apps dated 14th. Funnily enough how they are able to tell you know when yiur application was received but they couldnt to up until now. hmm. Anyway said should know in a few days please God .

Finally my application is showing on their system. She said they dealing with apps dated 14th. Funnily enough how they are able to tell you know when yiur application was received but they couldnt to up until now. hmm. Anyway said should know in a few days please God .

That must be such a relief for you, heres hoping that you get your payment soon :)

Really happy for you... Guna give them a ring tomorrow

Fran79 wrote: »
    Hi
    I received mine this morning in the bank - no letter as of yet. I sent my application in on the 7th July and its the first time I have ever applied for it.

Hopefully everyone who is entitled to it receives it soon.

Fran

Great to hear you are sorted now!!!
    Fingers crossed for everyone else!!

I phoned them this morning to ask if there was any update,& they said it was in the post office this morning...so happy,went up & got the boys all sorted.
    Hopefully the rest of you hear soon..I posted mine on 12th

hi,maybe someone could give me advise?my DH lost his job on 18th july and than we apply for btscfa on 6th august becouse he was on JB,but he got new job on 9th august.today i got letter from them that i need to send his current payslip,just wondering why- becouse on time when our application was registred he was on JB,and now we dont recive any benefit,so this mean we will not get btscfa or they will look how our circumstances was on 6th august?

I phoned them this morning to ask if there was any update,& they said it was in the post office this morning...so happy,went up & got the boys all sorted.
    Hopefully the rest of you hear soon..I posted mine on 12th

Delighted it arrived. Im hoping mines in Bank Monday or Tuesday. In all my panicing I got the date wrong that they are back to school. My poor little urchins would have been up there on Tuesday - on their tod ! Not back until Thursday so thats giving the SW 2 extra days to get it resolved before term . lol. Best of luck everyone else - starting to hear more & more people now receiving it .

• Advertisement

I phoned the number yet again today and spoke to a really helpful and polite woman. They are now working on applications which were received on the 15th. She also told me that they have the extra staff and are working overtime inc this weekend to clear the backlog. It does seem to be speeding up a bit. So here's hoping that this will be over real soon :)

Advertisement