Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anybody cut silage yet?

• 31-05-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

anybody cut silage yet? and what yield did you get?. on paper mine should be cut now looks good in places but looks a bit low in places so might chance it another week or two (even if quality goes down a bit), just to get a decent crop. I wonder if the drought had much impact in bales/acre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

hope to do it next week... with a bit of sun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

mowed down around 3, pick up 2morow evenin

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mattthetrasher

yep did mine at weekend it was a savage heavy crop (new grass) it wouldnt fit in pit:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

field mowed last night but it was closed 2wks before the 1st april. well headed out. will be left on the ground today and picked up tomorrow. looks a nice crop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Did some in late April, might mow the main crop this evening but a bit overcast here, tomorrow more likely, like a bit of sun for sugars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

was going to cut this evening in time for the "heatwave" this weekend, however its cold and wet here at the moment so will sit tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

a good few around us cut in late april. we'll be cutting now within the next week. a neighbours herd of limousine cattle (stone mad i tell ya) broke into 3 of our silage fields there the weekend, trampled and shat all over it. some dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

was going to cut this evening in time for the "heatwave" this weekend, however its cold and wet here at the moment so will sit tight

I'm in the same boat and I had the auld lad down at 8 this morning buggin me about it.

Anyone a cure for the grass fever I think he has a bad dose of it someone told me pints of stout helps??

Advertisement