Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi not working with Samsung Europa

Options
  • 31-05-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I've got a new Samsung Europa and I've used the Quick Settings app to block mobile internet, hoping to use just wifi instead. I'm picking up a strong wifi signal but none off my apps can connect to it. I'm getting "no connection" or "try again later messages" depending on the app.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Update to 2.2 Froyo through samsung kies. Froyo has a option to disable connecting to mobile internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Update to 2.2 Froyo through samsung kies. Froyo has a option to disable connecting to mobile internet.

I thought 2.2 wasn't compatible with the Europa, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I thought 2.2 wasn't compatible with the Europa, no?

Android 2.x is compatible with everything having an ARMv6 processor mate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SSCorn

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Mobile internet isn't the problem. I've successfully blocked mobile internet using Quick Settings . The problem is that connecting with wifi only isn't working.

Anyway, I've tried using Kies for an upgrade and it just tells me I'm up to date with the latest firmware.

SSCorn wrote: »
    Mobile internet isn't the problem. I've successfully blocked mobile internet using Quick Settings . The problem is that connecting with wifi only isn't working.

Anyway, I've tried using Kies for an upgrade and it just tells me I'm up to date with the latest firmware.
    Google how to update with a leak of the official ROM

Have you checked the wifi passkey is correct?

• Advertisement

Question answered but not solved: I found out that I was only having the trouble with work's wifi, which you need to configure with an IP proxy. IPhones can do this but not Android. I've searched around and it looks like there's apps that can do it but with limited success - they might only work for the browser and not for other apps.

SSCorn wrote: »
    Question answered but not solved: I found out that I was only having the trouble with work's wifi, which you need to configure with an IP proxy. IPhones can do this but not Android. I've searched around and it looks like there's apps that can do it but with limited success - they might only work for the browser and not for other apps.

have you tried in advanced wifi options?

For the record, I've just switched the phone to Android 2.2 and it now automatically works with proxy configured wifi

Advertisement