Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold Tower

Options
  • 31-05-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at getting a scaffold tower for painting/general duties etc and I am wondering has anyone purchased any of these recently. I am looking for one that would reach in the region of 6/7 meters. This is for general diy so do not need a pro version of the tower.

I have been looking on ebay and there is a crew selling them for around 380 sterling but if anyone has bought them else where, then I would appreciate the info

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I assume you're looking for the lightweight aluminium tower. I was on the point of buying one but money was too tight. I got 2 bays of quick stage scaffolding (the standard heavy stuff) for around €90. Had to collect it myself and it is a pain to put up on your own, but it does what I need.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Hi,

I am looking at getting a scaffold tower for painting/general duties etc and I am wondering has anyone purchased any of these recently. I am looking for one that would reach in the region of 6/7 meters. This is for general diy so do not need a pro version of the tower.

I have been looking on ebay and there is a crew selling them for around 380 sterling but if anyone has bought them else where, then I would appreciate the info

cheers

give local builders or scaffolders a call and see if they would sell any of their stock second hand. I know of contractors who have mountains of the heavier scaffold piled up doing nothing. lightweight stuff wouldnt be as plentiful, but I'd say after a few calls you would find someone to let it go for under €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

bruschi wrote: »
    give local builders or scaffolders a call and see if they would sell any of their stock second hand. I know of contractors who have mountains of the heavier scaffold piled up doing nothing. lightweight stuff wouldnt be as plentiful, but I'd say after a few calls you would find someone to let it go for under €100.

Cheers Brushi/Guilliver

I was looking for the lightweight aluminium tower with wheels as it would be ideal to push around the house for painting. I see what you mean about the heavier scaffolding but moving this around the house is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

I got the 5.4 m version three years ago on my build .
    outriggers/wheels ,platform .kick boards rails (three packs)
    Next pack would have extended to 7m. second platform.
    I got it on ebay i think it was access solutions, something like that anyway.Free delivery to ireland at the time.
    Excellent kit, rolls through doorways ,one man assembly made easier when you use a step ladder.
    Slabbers, plasters, (painter me) electrician made full use of it.
    I got it for future use ..painting and changing light bulbs ..vaulted ceilings

bakerbhoy wrote: »
    I got the 5.4 m version three years ago on my build .
    outriggers/wheels ,platform .kick boards rails (three packs)
    Next pack would have extended to 7m. second platform.
    I got it on ebay i think it was access solutions, something like that anyway.Free delivery to ireland at the time.
    Excellent kit, rolls through doorways ,one man assembly made easier when you use a step ladder.
    Slabbers, plasters, (painter me) electrician made full use of it.
    I got it for future use ..painting and changing light bulbs ..vaulted ceilings
    Sound bakerbhoy, sounds exactly what I need and will google access solutions.
    I was looking at these on ebay from a crew in UK but I thought some of the scaffolding looks a bit weak http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7m-DIY-Aluminium-Scaffold-Tower-/310316823729?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item484052f4b1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Sound bakerbhoy, sounds exactly what I need and will google access solutions.
    I was looking at these on ebay from a crew in UK but I thought some of the scaffolding looks a bit weak http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7m-DIY-Aluminium-Scaffold-Tower-/310316823729?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item484052f4b1

They are the crew that i got my tower from,but mine came with rollers, there doesn't seem to be on that one pictured.
    Send them a query about that.I had to get a spare clip and they replied immediately and sent it on for nothing so they should reply promptly.Try this one
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quick-Erect-7-4m-Folding-Aluminium-Trade-Scaffold-Tower-/330458488033?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item4cf0dc5ce1

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

in the same boat my self , there is a guy on donedeal.ie €495 i think for a light weight with all the bells and whistles free delivery in Ireland !
    sorry .. €475 .. here ya go
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/buildingmaterials/2190783
    not sure if it comes with platforms , i did mail him and ask what it came with , his reply was every thing in the add ,, not really the answer i was looking for !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

just had a quick look on google, and this http://www.atrick.ie/scaffolding-towers/tubesca-speedy-folding-aluminium-scaffolds-1-to-5-module-packs.html
    seems to be decent and not exoensive compared to the other ones there. €415 with free shipping.

bruschi wrote: »
    just had a quick look on google, and this http://www.atrick.ie/scaffolding-towers/tubesca-speedy-folding-aluminium-scaffolds-1-to-5-module-packs.html
    seems to be decent and not exoensive compared to the other ones there. €415 with free shipping.

Cheers for the info but if I want to get one for over 7 meters then it is 1400 or so. I rang the guy on done deal but the one he supplies does not have outriggers and you need to get planks for the podium. I don't mind the planks for the podium but I think the outriggers are important. My best bet so far are the crew on ebay.

Advertisement