Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spruce Fir available

Options
  • 31-05-2011 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have over one and half acres of mature spruce fir right beside road with easy access, i have being onto coillte and they dont really want to bother with it, i was wondering if anybody knows who would be interested in it either buying the timber as it is or buying it when knocked. This land was planted over 20 years ago and there would be on average 300 - 400 trees and over 20ft tall, i havent counted them seperately. the trees are in great condition and would be ideal for either posts or mature timber, i think the timber is too good for fire wood but if the price is right i would be willing to part with it.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Can you post a pic or 2 so as we can see if the forest was properly managed and that the timber could be commercial.

I have 60 acres of crap so I know what to look for:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

where abouts is the land?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Woodfab in Aughrim, Co.Wicklow would probably buy it, if not too far away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Can you post a pic or 2 so as we can see if the forest was properly managed and that the timber could be commercial.

I have 60 acres of crap so I know what to look for:)

C52,
    What sort of crap do you grow?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Hi,can u tell us where trees are?

• Advertisement
Advertisement