Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movies on C4

• 31-05-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Has anybody else noticed that sky tend to block movies on C4. This seems to be random as not all movies are blocked, The Italian Job (the real one with Michael Cain) was blocked. Never had a problem with movies on BBC.
    Anybody know what is going on.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Sky do not block them. Channel 4 do. If they block anything you can watch Channel 4 FTA through Other Channels. They do not block anything on that version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is some contractual thing. You'll probably find that TV3 are planning to show the same movie in the next month or so. i think it was a condition for allowing ch4 to appear on the Irish EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

ya, read in another thread that this is because Irish TV stations are showing same in coming weeks.
    Was annoying though. Was already for a Great Escape/DodgeBall double header last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You can tune in Channel 4 using the other channels feature and watch the blocked movies or shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭odyboody

Thanks everyone,
    Any news on C4 HD?

• Advertisement

It is available but not to Irish Sky viewers. The Sky box wont allow you to tune it in. A non Sky box will allow you to view it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It is available but not to Irish Sky viewers. The Sky box wont allow you to tune it in. A non Sky box will allow you to view it.
    Is that not against european law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Minstrel27 wrote: »

C4hd, what is the frequency etc?

checked the FTA sticky, and
    CHANNEL 4 HD 12.607 V 27500 3/4
    gives nothing on a vu+ duo

200motels wrote: »

They are not doing it on purpose. There's a bug in the box software which would affect any channel on an S2 transponder.

200motels wrote: »

I am not an expert on European law so someone else will have to advise you on that.

• Advertisement

kierank01 wrote: »
    C4hd, what is the frequency etc?

checked the FTA sticky, and
    gives nothing on a vu+ duo

I found it, I was not scanning for dvb-s2

kierank01 wrote: »
    I found it, I was not scanning for dvb-s2

So, just like a Sky HD box then! :)

JDxtra wrote: »
    So, just like a Sky HD box then! :)

i'm highly insulted, but yes.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Anyone know the frequency for Ch4 hd on Sky+ ??

Karen23 wrote: »
    Anyone know the frequency for Ch4 hd on Sky+ ??

It is as I posted earlier:

but you have to be searching for a dvb-s2 stream on a hd box.

you cannot do that on sky+ 1, because it is not hd, and 2, because it is not searching for dvb-s2

If you have an fta hd box, you should be able to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

If you remove SKY card and reset so you activate the UK EPG, CH4HD is available

Advertisement