Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saveonlaptops.co.uk

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I had the problem of being short changed on my refund of an out of stock laptop. I spoke to one of my customers, who works in a bank, and they told me it was the currency exchange rate difference between buying and selling.

Thats what happened in my case too. Really frustrating when you add on the cost of the phone calls (put on hold) to the UK number. Effectively bout 25 quid out of pocket for nothing. I emailed them and even sent them screenshot of credit card statement (highlighting the difference in original charge and refund) and thought they may offer a discount or voucher to counteract the loss ...but nothing. The irony is this is the third time Ive tried to buy from them but it never worked. I really wanted to deal with them but never going to look at them again and telling everyone l i know bout my experience with them, so they dont get caught too.....

It really grinds my gears:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Wan't to order this laptop but the signup process is a bit confusing.
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750G_1068071.html

When ordering I assume you pick UK non mainland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

megaten wrote: »
    Wan't to order this laptop but the signup process is a bit confusing.
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750G_1068071.html

When ordering I assume you pick UK non mainland?

yep, pick non uk mainland.......dont pay by paypal
    .....watch your emails carefully over next few days, you may have to ring them up to verify your info (if you can get through that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

jmorrisey wrote: »
    yep, pick non uk mainland.......dont pay by paypal
    .....watch your emails carefully over next few days, you may have to ring them up to verify your info (if you can get through that is)

Yeah, I got a text this morning from them to ring them up. Laptop should be arriving Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 43 0Default0

Just ordered an MSI GX660R a few minutes ago,

Got the usual order problem, rang them up 2 minutes before closing time, got through in under a minute and was resolved in less then that time. Maybe I just got lucky with my timing but the guy on the phone was extremely helpful.

Hopefully here by thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thinking of Buying a laptop off this company.Would i be better using these or Box.co.uk as mentioned by another Poster?

Also was looking at a samsung which gives you £50 cash back.Any one ever have any success with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Thinking of Buying a laptop off this company.Would i be better using these or Box.co.uk as mentioned by another Poster?

Also was looking at a samsung which gives you £50 cash back.Any one ever have any success with this?
    Apart from saveonlaptops letting the phone ring out, I don't think there's any difference.

As for the Cash back, you'll just have to read the terms and conditions to see if you qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

bought a thinkpad edge from them recently. very prompt shipping i have to say but you need to call them to verify your credit card is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

What is the phone number for saveonlaptops if you are calling from Ireland because I cant get through to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

maamom wrote: »
    What is the phone number for saveonlaptops if you are calling from Ireland because I cant get through to them.

This is the number
    00 44 121 20 200 50

Advertisement