Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography HL

• 31-05-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm having trouble answering this question I think it's the way it's worded and can't find anything on the net that goes with it.

PLATE MARGINS
    Explain, with reference to examples you have studied, how plate tectonics helps us understand the forces at work along with crustal plate boundaries.

..HELP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

explain what happens at plate boundaries i reckon, e.g. collision, seperation, transform, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

How do you know you have wrote enough? Like is a page enough for a 30m Q?

I haven't a clue.. :(

I also don't know what is classed as an SRP.. varies with everyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

Divergent plate boundary..convergent plate boundary..and passive plate boundary..you should do at least half an a4 page per boundary!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hannahx

apkbarry wrote: »
    How do you know you have wrote enough? Like is a page enough for a 30m Q?

I haven't a clue.. :(

I also don't know what is classed as an SRP.. varies with everyone..

A page is generally enough. An srp is worth 2marks so 15points for a 30marker.
    Its normally about 3 relevant points.
    A geographical term ie 'leaching'
    A statistic
    :-) hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ithoughtitwasap

Geography questions are phrased badly, sometimes you have to write it down and break it up.
    Explain, with reference to examples you have studied, how plate tectonics helps us understand the forces at work along crustal plate boundaries.

Is equivocal to:
    Explain, with reference to examples you have studied, how **PLATE TECTONICS** helps us understand the forces at work along crustal plate boundaries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 mouthforwar93

Geography questions are phrased badly, sometimes you have to write it down and break it up.

Is equivocal to:
    Haha brilliant thanks

Advertisement