Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 as a wireless repeater?

• 31-05-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to use the zyxel as a repeater?

Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I wouldn't recommend it seeing as my and many other Zyxels drop the wifi connection to all devices for a couple of minutes every hour if you use WPA security... The group key change can be set to 9999 seconds so the disconnect happens every 2 hours and 50 minutes roughly:(

I think plugging it into whatever router is being used with a cat 5 cable would work if you make sure the router's IP address (the gateway in your TCP/IP details) isn't the same as the Zyxel and also if the Zyxel's DCHP server is turned off. There's probably something else you have to do but I forget what.

Muck around with it and it should work eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

Cheers.

Iv been try that.

Ill take another look tmro.

Im sure theres a way.

i think theres an option in there somewhere to set it as a repeater or mode 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I never actually answered your exact question. This router definitely cannot rebroadcast wifi signals in the typical sense of a repeater or indeed just connect to another router via wifi at all.

If I remember I'll be able to check it out over the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

1. On the Main Router lower DHCP address by one.

2. Set IP adress of Access Point(Router) accordingly.
    To the number you decreased to, above.

3. Disable DHCP on the Access Point(Router).

Advertisement