Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another irish lad put in hospital in oz

Options
  • 31-05-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

i see another young lad was given the digs in oz??
    i lived and worked in oz for 4 years and i have to say you get scumbags everywere but it seems the irish boys are getting into a lot of rows down under

when i lived in oz for 4 years in 2004 i did see a lot of fights but i think its getting worst! my mate is still over in oz but he wants to come home now, says its getting messy over tere and work is fading!!

i dont know whats going on but im glad to be home anyway , had a ball but i got tired of it, miss the family and freinds if i was to be honest and ireland! glad to say im working now which is great insentive to come home

hope it works out in oz for anyone going but just remember its not a stroll in the park and be safe tere are scumbags over tere to!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Where is Tere? Never heard over it is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

that lad was put into intensive care over tere!! so lets just remember that shall we??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

maybe he deserved it. you know what the irish are like when they have drink in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

paky wrote: »
    maybe he deserved it. you know what the irish are like when they have drink in them

Or what the Aussies or like when they have drink in them.. Nobody deserves to be sent to intensive care.

SAD!!!

• Advertisement

its not like some sort of racist backlash against the irish in australia. the population of irish has drastically increased over there in the past couple of years so things like this are bound to happen. i was battered when i lived in melbourne but it was my own fault. the ozzies are pretty tuff too and like to rumble after a couple of pints

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

almighty1 wrote: »
    Reported.

:rolleyes:

its not like some sort of racist backlash against the irish in australia. the population of irish has drastically increased over there in the past couple of years so things like this are bound to happen. i was battered when i lived in melbourne but it was my own fault. the ozzies are pretty tuff too and like to rumble after a couple of pints

tere are nazis and racists in oz i seen it when i lived tere!! also just look on youtube , they are organized and a mean show of bastards, i loved oz and the people but lets not make it out to be some sort of wonderland they got tere problems aswell!! the ozzies do like a mill i will agree with you on that! i seen it a many a time , thats why that lad ended up in hospital id say nearly dead!!

tere are nazis and racists in oz i seen it when i lived tere!! also just look on youtube , they are organized and a mean show of bastards, i loved oz and the people but lets not make it out to be some sort of wonderland they got tere problems aswell!! the ozzies do like a mill i will agree with you on that! i seen it a many a time , thats why that lad ended up in hospital id say nearly dead!!

i wasnt pretty fond of oz when i lived there. felt it was eerily british in some parts and had a macho type culture. plus i felt it was very far away from the rest of the world and fcuk all people live there once you go outside the cities

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Cop yourselves on folks. No need for the smart arsed comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

With the amount of Irish people living in Australia now it is going to become more common. When any nation overpopulate another tensions will rise. Hopefully this is not the case in Australia now. I hope this guy gets better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod First of all, shut up with this Aussie Vs irish crap. I have warned a few people.
    Second - where is the link to the facts? Not one person has put up anything?
    well here it is http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/irish-backpacker-bashed-in-random-attack-in-queen-street-mall/story-e6freoof-1226063832164

There was 3 major incidents in the last few years and not one of them is because of race. So please no racist comments.

dlofnep Your infraction should have been yellow - I missed the button

stone roses Jesus wept - it's there not tere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No worries.

Like I said in PM - My intention was to highlight that anyone who is drunk can act like a moron. It was tongue in cheek response to the original comment in question. No offence intended towards anyone. Infraction accepted - no worries.

SAD!!!

i was upset when he said this!! i didnt mean to offend

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Sad when this happens and when alcohol or other items are being consumed and violence is the main outcome,makes you wonder :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Let's remember when incidents like this happen, how we reacted when we saw reports of Eastern Europeans getting in strife in Ireland. When you have a high concentration of young male emigrants then there will be a few problems. It's probably not indicative of the quality of the emigrants or the hosts, it is noteworthy for the media though and hence highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Well done lads, somebody is put in hospital, intensive care no less. And nobody bothered to actualy wish the guy well, link to the story, or even post his name. It took 14 posts FFS.

Most of you just decided toss about insults, have a go at each other, while at the same time complained about hoe the irish and australians are aggressive. Irony.

Luckily, it sounds like he is out of hosipital now and the person responsible is in custody and has pleded guilty, he won't be sentenced until the extent of the injuries are known.
    As for "he probably deserved it", no it was an unprovoked attacked according to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gregsor wrote: »
    Sad when this happens and when alcohol or other items are being consumed and violence is the main outcome,makes you wonder :(.

What's even more sad is people making assumptions and not even bothering to at least check what happened. The link was only a few posts above yours.
    Det Inspector Duncan said Mr Ryan may have had a few alcoholic drinks but not enough that it came up during the investigation.

He said it was unclear if Mr Ramea had been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

:( What kind of a psycho walks up to someone and punches them in the face with no provocation?

His nationality obviously had noting to do with it he was just seriously unlucky to walk past that guy at that moment. Hope he recovers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

This had nothing to do with him being an Irish lad in Aus more with wrong place, wrong time.

Hopefully he'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Doc wrote: »
    :( What kind of a psycho walks up to someone and punches them in the face with no provocation?

His nationality obviously had noting to do with it he was just seriously unlucky to walk past that guy at that moment. Hope he recovers.

It wasnt unprovoked, the article mentions a disagreement. For some reason its said that it was unprovoked at the end of the article though. Its a bit confusing.

I know a few Maoris, they are legendary fellows but damn are they quick to anger. Also quick to forgive. I suspect it was a "seeing red" moment if they started to exchange words.

Then again, its all speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Its a similar story to this one

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mother-of-dead-irish-tourist-gearoid-walsh-doesnt-want-attacker-jailed/story-e6frg6o6-1225792787198

One punch is all it takes.

I have floored a few people myself in my day, but thinking about it could have turned out a lot different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Where is Tere? Never heard over it is it any good?

Jesus Christ. You really are that sad. :D
    mandrake04 wrote: »

I have floored a few people myself in my day,.

:pac:

Gangsta.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Or what the Aussies or like when they have drink in them.. Nobody deserves to be sent to intensive care.

Aussies, particularly those who drink in the cross, are weak pissheads for some reason when it comes to losing the plot over nothing. However,if someone starts a fight on randomers for zero reason, and said instigator gets a bad whack causing serious damage, the sympathy belongs with whoever defended themselves, not the instigator, be they Irish or Aussie. The instigator might die or be paralysed for life, but my sympathy belongs to Joe Public who manned up during it and then faces charges about something he never asked to be involved in. Death or just injury, the responsibility is on the instigator and it is a disgrace if some randomer faces charges over some fight he never went looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Doc wrote: »

I was strolling down the street in Briabane 2.5 years ago and some weirdo asked me for a light and when I said I 'aint got one he swang at me, luckily he was hammered so it was a slow motion punch and I got out of the way... a witness came up and said he done that to about 8 people on the one street! Weirdo!!

I think there are just a few weirdo's in Brisbane, I heard it happen a few times..

lima wrote: »
    I was strolling down the street in Briabane 2.5 years ago and some weirdo asked me for a light and when I said I 'aint got one he swang at me, luckily he was hammered so it was a slow motion punch and I got out of the way... a witness came up and said he done that to about 8 people on the one street! Weirdo!!

I think there are just a few weirdo's in Brisbane, I heard it happen a few times..

hi thats were my mate is now, 6yrs i thnk! i was tere for 4yrs, he said he would rather come home now hes had his fill, gets a bit messy a night time and i think he misses the pint lol :-) ! ah sure if we kept getting this weather we are getting now in ireland you would never go anywere!!! best little island on the planet :-)

no offence to austrailia !! again i hope that lad is ok and makes a good recovery

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Aussies, particularly those who drink in the cross, are weak pissheads for some reason when it comes to losing the plot over nothing. However,if someone starts a fight on randomers for zero reason, and said instigator gets a bad whack causing serious damage, the sympathy belongs with whoever defended themselves, not the instigator, be they Irish or Aussie. The instigator might die or be paralysed for life, but my sympathy belongs to Joe Public who manned up during it and then faces charges about something he never asked to be involved in. Death or just injury, the responsibility is on the instigator and it is a disgrace if some randomer faces charges over some fight he never went looking for.

Mod Another attack on a poster - one more and it will be permanent.

Also WTF are you talking about? Can you ever stick on thread? None of what you said makes sense. You're talking about a guy who starts a fight ends up paralysed - what is that to do with anything?

Please just shut up

Advertisement