Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnhill Centra

Options
  • 31-05-2011 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently men in suits turned up and took the tills.

The shutters are down. Is this the end?

Does anyone have any further info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

All Marie Centra shops seem to shut down!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Interesting, Centra on Johnstown road was closed last evening too. Didn't notice if it was open or closed when i passed it this morning. Anyone info on whats happening?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Thats strange....isn't there another one in Ballybrack village?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

all marie shops shut down,apparently gone into receivership,,,hoping to be back up and running thursday/friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Gridlock wrote: »
    Thats strange....isn't there another one in Ballybrack village?

Yes and that has closed as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Barnhill Stores was open this morning.

Good news as well, it is a nice shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

the one on Pottery Road was closed at 8 tonight...not sure about earler in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Barnhill Stores was open this morning.

Good news as well, it is a nice shop.
    Isn't Barnhill Stores an illegal outfit?

I believe that they have no planning permission sought on the rather large extension that was added to it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I believe that they have no planning permission sought on the rather large extension that was added to it recently.

yes, I was under the impression that was still not resolved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think the argument is did they need planning permission or not as the extension is basically three portacabins bolted together. If it was illegal then I guess the Gards would have closed it down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Word in the trade is the bank shut them down on the tuesday, did a stocktake and reopened under new management on the wednesday.

Shops under someones elses control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I see that some new weird greyish-white pole has been installed outside where the old post box used to be. What's the deal with that?:confused:

Also, for the past month or so, I have noticed dotted-yellow markings on the dipped part of the footpath adjacent to where the bollards are at the moment with arrows pointing inwards. Are they taking back the curb at this spot?

It would be a good place to put a bus stop for the number 8 bus as well as the large curb build-out on the other side of the road.

Advertisement