Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else really calm?

• 31-05-2011 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I'm not doing this as a wind-up for those who are worried but is anyone else really calm about the leaving cert? I'm almost feeling cocky at this stage, the course I want has hovered around 470-480 for the last 4 years and I know I'll get around 500, problem is now I feel really calm and relaxed which I don't think is the right attitude. Instead of worrying my ass off and doing 7-8 hours study a day like I feel I should be, I'm doing 4-5 hours a day at most and not getting worried at all. I just feel far to relaxed for whats coming up to be honest, anyone else feel like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Im so relaxed i havn't began study yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

C__ wrote: »

ditto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Whiskey757

C__ wrote: »
    This.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Yeah I'm calm but I really don't think it's a deserved feeling of calm.

While I'll probably get what I want, I should probably work more. The only slight worry (and my only motivation left) is that when I open my results that I will be disappointed in myself. I know I can get well into the mid-500s but maybe I've left it too late to work.

I'm trying to make myself panic so I'll do something but it's not working subconsciously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Stressed but getting stuff done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭AislingMarie

CokeyBear wrote: »
    I'm not doing this as a wind-up for those who are worried but is anyone else really calm about the leaving cert? I'm almost feeling cocky at this stage, the course I want has hovered around 470-480 for the last 4 years and I know I'll get around 500, problem is now I feel really calm and relaxed which I don't think is the right attitude. Instead of worrying my ass off and doing 7-8 hours study a day like I feel I should be, I'm doing 4-5 hours a day at most and not getting worried at all. I just feel far to relaxed for whats coming up to be honest, anyone else feel like this.

You seem confident and you know you've worked hard enough to get around 500.
    5 hours a day is very good if your using your time well.
    It's good you're not panicking, if you have the work done then there's no need!
    You don't want to do primary teaching do you?
    (Points are the same!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I'm angry with myself to be honest! I could have achieved somewhere in the mid 500's, but it's not gonna happen, and I'm gonna hate myself in August.:( Repeating isn't an option. Arts here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CokeyBear

You seem confident and you know you've worked hard enough to get around 500.
    5 hours a day is very good if your using your time well.
    It's good you're not panicking, if you have the work done then there's no need!
    You don't want to do primary teaching do you?
    (Points are the same!)

I've worked hard in school, paid attention and did any homework given but other than that I haven't really done enough, I'm just lucky in that I take in most information during classes so I don't need to do much outside of them. I'll get my course if everything goes as it should, but like others have said I'll be disappointed in myself even if I break 500 as I'm capable of mid 500s. No, Bess in Trinity.

Cheers for the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

I feel totally calm but maybe its because at least half my day is taken up with study :D Still, my friends think theres something up with me! Im just excited to be done. They're the ones that are worried. Im not surprised...they were out ever weekend :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I've only done a *tiny* *extremely tiny* (As in literally I've learned 2 poets and 6 chapters of Biology) but I'm not even stressed about it..

I don't know how people started studying at the start of the year, I'm going to start tomorrow and cram all of it in! It's the only way I can learn, did the same for all of my orals! >_< It's a bad habit to have, but sure, it's worked until now! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CokeyBear

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I've only done a *tiny* *extremely tiny* (As in literally I've learned 2 poets and 6 chapters of Biology) but I'm not even stressed about it..

I don't know how people started studying at the start of the year, I'm going to start tomorrow and cram all of it in! It's the only way I can learn, did the same for all of my orals! >_< It's a bad habit to have, but sure, it's worked until now! :pac:

Ye man I'm the exact same. I know 2 subjects extremely well and other than that I need to cram a bit for others. I've been cramming for the last few days, it's the only way that works for me. Even if I did 3-4 hours a night for the last year I'd still be in the same situation, cramming is the only way that really suits me. 5 hours a day of cramming will do me a lot better than anything else, still not stressed about it at all though. If it gets you your course that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

ive always crammed for everything:p has never failed me:D

CokeyBear wrote: »
    Ye man I'm the exact same. I know 2 subjects extremely well and other than that I need to cram a bit for others. I've been cramming for the last few days, it's the only way that works for me. Even if I did 3-4 hours a night for the last year I'd still be in the same situation, cramming is the only way that really suits me. 5 hours a day of cramming will do me a lot better than anything else, still not stressed about it at all though. If it gets you your course that's all that matters.

Exactly, I honestly don't see how some people can do so much! :eek: I'd be completely wrecked by the time the LC came around! I've just to learn a few French opinion questions, a few Irish stories (I just make up random stuff about the poems, I'm OL! :P), go over a few Maths questions and learn some quotes from Wuthering Heights. :) I'll study Economics in my break between the 16th and the 22nd, so it'll be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

My course is 365 points...

I got 340 in the mocks from 5 subjects, only did a mock in 6 of my subjects and failed honors Irish but I've dropped down since! I'm so relaxed it's scary!

My course is 365 points...

I got 340 in the mocks from 5 subjects, only did a mock in 6 of my subjects and failed honors Irish but I've dropped down since! I'm so relaxed it's scary!

Yeah I got 350 but I didn't do anything. :o

My #1 is 450. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I'm very calm for some reason.I'm just doing a bit of study here or there.But the thing is I am Confident aswell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Why? Is something happening in weeks time or something? :confused:

Ha, seriously, a few weeks ago I was panicking like crazy and now I'm just like ''meh.'' I've been doing tiny bits here and there the last week but should be doing a lot more.

I'm just so tired at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

feels somewhat anti-climactic to be honest. i thought i'd be in a frenzy, but im "over" the lc at this stage. just goes to show how over-hyped the lc is

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

I'm quite cocky about it all, I think I'm too smart for my own good, and I know I'm not going to get 500 points unless I study, but for some reason my brain is telling itself that your too smart to study or something..... thanks brain!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Part of me feels calm, that I'll get the points I need, and part of me is going insane worrying about if I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

ya i was just thinking today, im calm about it, and weirdly excited.. maybe because once I get started.. it'll fly through! I have revised most stuff by now..I need to work on a few things but I just can't be aRse-d! But I most likely will feel completely different the night before the English and Home.ec Exam...
    Also.. I need like 350 points or so and I have been aiming to get 450 which I am capable of doing..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Part of me feels calm, that I'll get the points I need, and part of me is going insane worrying about if I don't.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

I am way to calm...... it's worrying me! I really have al ot of study to do but i have no motivation to do it...... and i don't want to repeat.

I know that i could have gotten good point (mid 500's) if i had worked all year.... i am just hoping to get my course now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Sure, what's the point in stressing about exams...
    There are much more important things in life!

Life after the leaving does actually exist. :o

what.to.do wrote: »
    Sure, what's the point in stressing about exams...
    There are much more important things in life!

Life after the leaving does actually exist. :o

Did ya not hear? The world is ending in October! So there is life but unfortunately it's gonna be short..! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

I'm also not stressed out enough, which is really scaring me.

For the mocks, I was scared but determined and focused. Started studying at 6am every day (turns out I work really well pre-dawn) and got 430 points for my troubles... the course I wanted is 485. And For the real thing I can't look on Boards to see what History and English essays are coming up :(

Now... I just kind of sit here. The word Procrastinate comes to mind but if I hear that once more I'm going to murder my English teacher. Also, I've been thinking about Minecraft a lot... I don't know why, I never really liked that game. But I have a greater urge to dig in virtual dirt than do a teency bit of study.

Why is it so damn hard to get motivated when logic says I should be more motivated than ever before?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Lads, you can't be calm and be worried about being calm, that therefore makes you un-calm/worried.

If you're like me you're worried, but just so worn out you just can't be bothered worrying.

Hoping to do Mechanical Engineering next year. I think if I get around 450 points and get a C3 in HL Maths I should be good to go (and get drunk :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

njd2010 wrote: »
    I'm also not stressed out enough, which is really scaring me.

For the mocks, I was scared but determined and focused. Started studying at 6am every day (turns out I work really well pre-dawn) and got 430 points for my troubles... the course I wanted is 485. And For the real thing I can't look on Boards to see what History and English essays are coming up :(

Now... I just kind of sit here. The word Procrastinate comes to mind but if I hear that once more I'm going to murder my English teacher. Also, I've been thinking about Minecraft a lot... I don't know why, I never really liked that game. But I have a greater urge to dig in virtual dirt than do a teency bit of study.

Why is it so damn hard to get motivated when logic says I should be more motivated than ever before?!

I got 430 too! I need 500 though...I feel your pain!!:( Procrastinate is my most hated word at the moment too...it sucks...majorly...I've home-ec and English next Wednesday...die leaving cert die:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Did ya not hear? The world is ending in October! So there is life but unfortunately it's gonna be short..! :P

Did it not end there two weeks ago??

Ah well, short life is better than no life!! :D

• Advertisement

what.to.do wrote: »
    Did it not end there two weeks ago??

Ah well, short life is better than no life!! :D

No.. That dude decided that it was only a metaphorical judgment day, so *God* has judged us all now and that the world will really end on October 21st..! :P

Advertisement