Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else really calm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Procrastinate is my most hated word at the moment too...it sucks...majorly...

I watched a video earlier on on Youtube called "procrastination" or something similar. Thought it was going to be a quick few tips on beating procrastination, turns out I just procrastinated for another 3 and a half minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Cygni

I get distracted so easily that it's not even funny. I'm covered for most subjects except for German and Ag. Science. For them I'm more than ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

http://lctimer.com/#countd

Cool, something to help unease me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I am NOT calm!!! Nor is anyone else doing the leaving/junior!!

Unless of course they don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CokeyBear

Fbjm wrote: »
    I am NOT calm!!! Nor is anyone else doing the leaving/junior!!

Unless of course they don't care.

Bit of a stereotype. I'm calm because I've done the work. Eitherway I know I'm going to get enough points to hopefully get my first choice, and if not I'll still get a good course. Eitherway this time next year I'll be in Trinity or UCD, so to say I and other people like myself couldn't care, is a pretty stupid statement.

Don't see why someone would get worked up about the junior, it means nothing in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Same. I think I'm going to have everything covered by next week. Slightly worried about Maths and Chemistry but otherwise I'm shocked that I'm not a nervous wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

CokeyBear wrote: »
    Don't see why someone would get worked up about the junior, it means nothing in the end.

I swear I was more nervous about the Junior Cert than the LC. I can't believe I put in so much work for it. It's actually quite embarrassing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

RMD wrote: »
    I watched a video earlier on on Youtube called "procrastination" or something similar. Thought it was going to be a quick few tips on beating procrastination, turns out I just procrastinated for another 3 and a half minutes.

Worst thing is if it wasn't for hamlet I wouldn't even know what procrastination was...... Maybe then I would not be an expert in the field of procrastination!!! Another reason to hate English!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Cydoniac wrote: »
    http://lctimer.com/#countd

Cool, something to help unease me :D

Evil

It sucks ive to sleep some of those hours!!!!!

They should have students on "Not enough hours" on RTE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I don't understand why people think being stressed out is good or a sign they'll do well? If you're stressed you won't be able to retain as much info when studying.

I'm quite calm but am studying between 6-8 hours a day, i'm not confident or cocky i just think putting in the studying and going on runs to clear my head is working to eliminate stress.

next wednesday morning i will be stressed though until i get the english paper1 in front of me. I'll also be more stressed awaiting results than before doing the exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Bit of a stereotype. I'm calm because I've done the work. Eitherway I know I'm going to get enough points to hopefully get my first choice, and if not I'll still get a good course. Eitherway this time next year I'll be in Trinity or UCD, so to say I and other people like myself couldn't care, is a pretty stupid statement.

Ok sorry, I was being small minded :) in the school I'm repeating in though, there are two types of lc candidates: those who panic and those who are permanently stoned. As for the junior, people get stressed about coz they're told it's the be all and end all.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

I've never been more relaxed about any exams in my life. I know that no matter how bad the particular exam papers may be, it won't affect my chances of getting the college course I always wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

I plan on going to a local IT (LYIT)
    Half the courses are like 130 points so I'm really calm and sure ill get into whatever i want.
    Kinda bad tho as it give me little reason to study and go for high points.
    I'd be ecstatic of i got anything over 300 coz thats the average and yanno i want to be above average. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Yup im really calm too...I haven't done much studying yet, and I'm only planning to start studying next week before the exams.For some reason thats how it works for me :D doing a lot of studying a few nights before the tests/exams.

Also we need a forum for students who don't give a fluck about the leaving.
    Everyone who posts here is like doing all honours and expects a place in trinity as well as a high powered House-esque career and barbie house wife.
    Wheres the leaving cert students who have some concept of reality and know they will likely end up emigrating to work on a farm in Australia for the rest of their lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Gercakeage

pockets3d wrote: »
    Wheres the leaving cert students who have some concept of reality and know they will likely end up emigrating to work on a farm in Australia for the rest of their lives?

Thank you!! :D you're not sprouting shíté like some of the other posters! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

^^^Generalisations galore!!!!:pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

I'm almost feeling cocky at this stage, the course I want has hovered around 470-480 for the last 4 years and I know I'll get around 500
    :pac: someone needs a mini-bus for their ego :p :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Gercakeage wrote: »

I could do with a mini-bus for my panic. Ego over panic wins hands down:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lightness

I need around 360 for Comp Studies in TCD and I'm probs gonna get 500 or so while doing the same as you so dont worry youre not alone in the boat. Also I'm not being cocky or anything, its just a fact. I've worked hard while in school and done the homework which is more than can be said for most. Can't wait for leaving cert to come next week so i can get this feeling that im not studying enough off my back and just enjoy the exams. I feel like a freak with all my friends panicking around me. ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I plan on going to a local IT (LYIT)
    Half the courses are like 130 points so I'm really calm and sure ill get into whatever i want.
    Kinda bad tho as it give me little reason to study and go for high points.
    I'd be ecstatic of i got anything over 300 coz thats the average and yanno i want to be above average. :D

300 isn't the average, 300 is the middle of the range! I think 330 or so is the average!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

Everyone who posts here is like doing all honours and expects a place in trinity as well as a high powered House-esque career and barbie house wife.

having a concept of reality =/= being a lazy underachiever

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I've used the stupid LC points calculator hundreds of times! Need 470... for what I've done I feel I'm in the mid-500's... so yes I'm confident, and way too calm. Today I did 2 maths questions and summarised Dickinson's poetry. :eek:

I don't feel like working though, so I'm pretty worried at the same time. I'm confused about it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

You may be more interested in this site.
    http://www.mylifeonthedole.com/

You must have missed the memo that requires a history of A1's to post in this forum & no not everyone on here is conforming to your generalisation.

I think I can see them from here in my high tower, yeah that's them alright, drinking dutch gold a few fields away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

C__ wrote: »
    Im so relaxed i havn't began study yet :D

I'm the same always say i will but still haven't Im fecked :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I couldn't really give a ****e to be honest. I'm not in the mood to study at all, because doing foundation maths means I only qualify for a small amount of courses, nearly all of which I'm not interested in at all. I have 1 down on my CAO and I couldn't care less if I get it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I disagree. If someone thinks they'll get 500, they probably will. There's one person in my year who hasn't done that much study and will still expect to get 540 at least. I personally think this whole things is way overhyped. (and you might say "that's just what he says, he's doing loads of study at home" but I really doubt it. Unless he stays up till about 3 in the morning, I know for a fact he's not killing himself. He does do homework and a small bit of study alright)

But that's enough, I think. I'm reasonably confident in my own ability to get over 500 too, and I certainly haven't killed myself. I see people doing over 5 hours a day.....I haven't even got up before 1 this week. I think that if you paid attention in class all along, did all your homework, revise for a few tests along the way, and you should be grand. Just read the books now in the last week and make sure you know stuff going into the exam and you'll be okay.

Panic probably hinders your ability to succeed too.

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    having a concept of reality =/= being a lazy underachiever

So the CAO failed their exam on percentile marking?:(
    New aim is 325 anyway so might be average yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CokeyBear

Ego? It's called being realistic, it's no different for someone who thinks they'll get 350 points and their course has hovered around 320-330. By this point in time, you should have a decent idea of what you're realistically going to get.

Advertisement