Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of getting a job in Limerick for the Summer?

• 31-05-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just finished college and now just waiting to graduate. I was wondering if anyone would know the chances of getting a job in Limerick during the Summer time or if anyone has done it. Is it much slower during the Summer? What would be the best places to apply to? I had in mind something like Dunnes Stores or Homebase and work during the summer while I apply for career-type jobs. Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

There is a "Need a Job" thread over in the Limerick City Forum, You might get a heads up for any employers hiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

McDonalds are usually hiring.. other than that it's pretty tough to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Throw out the CVs like confetti, something might stick.

Smyths/Icon are always looking for staff, though that seems to be a black mark against their management.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Check www.fas.ie, go on all the major shops websites (River island, Penneys, Lidl, Tesco, etc.) and hand out CV's EVERYWHERE. That's what I did, and I managed to get something, not many hours, but at least it's something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

If you look on jobs.ie Total Fundraising are recruiting. Some of the contracts are 3 months and they're recruiting in Dublin, Limerick and Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

If you look on jobs.ie Total Fundraising are recruiting. Some of the contracts are 3 months and they're recruiting in Dublin, Limerick and Cork.
    I wouldnt bother with them. Went to an interview with them in limerick a few weeks ago, didnt get the job, and now they are looking for more people even though about half the people who went for the interview didnt get a job that time.
    Surely they would contact those who they have already interviewed for the jobs instead of advertising the posts again

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

ormond lad wrote: »
    I wouldnt bother with them. Went to an interview with them in limerick a few weeks ago, didnt get the job, and now they are looking for more people even though about half the people who went for the interview didnt get a job that time.
    Surely they would contact those who they have already interviewed for the jobs instead of advertising the posts again

I second that, came through the interview grand last year and got nothing from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Try Richmond Recruiting agency oin Steam Boat Key near the Dock road. They got me a job in Vistakon last summer

Advertisement