Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Study!

• 31-05-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Eh..... got a C2 for the mock

Aiming to get a B

At this stage - Just do papers? And all experiments?

I was thinking perhaps revise in detail with papers combined:
    Food, Ecology, Human reproduction, Respiration, all genetics, DNA, Kidney, All experiments

And then - do the rest of biology revision in the papers?

Advice? Stressed off my head! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭AislingMarie

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Eh..... got a C2 for the mock

Aiming to get a B

At this stage - Just do papers? And all experiments?

Food, Ecology, Human reproduction, Respiration, all genetics, DNA, Kidney, All experiments

And then - do the rest of biology revision in the papers?

Advice? Stressed off my head! :(

Ye I'd recommend doing the papers and learning the experiments.
    That way if you come across something you don't know you can focus on just that!
    I wouldn't bother with genetics at this stage if you don't know it terribly well.
    I'd focus on what you said plus endocrine and nervous system.
    How are you on plants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I find the best way to study for sciences is to look at the last 6-8 years of papers with the marking scheme as well. If you can answer one part which will get you full marks according to the marking scheme then continue on to more parts. As soon as you come to a question part where you didn't get full marks, write out the correct answer 3-5 times and it should stick.

Beautiful thing about science subjects is the questions generally repeat in 1 way or another or are extremely similar to previous year's questions, so if you do this you'll get the same or a similar question in this years paper and you'll know the right answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

How are you on plants?

Im "Meh" as in I dont hate or love them. What would be the best to cover on them? Havent looked in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

:D
    Im "Meh" as in I dont hate or love them. What would be the best to cover on them? Havent looked in a while!

dude photosynthesis! learn it! respiration aswell because the two relate to each other. the definition of photosynthesis is just respiration backwards basically!

so learn them two and also when you have them two learned it will be a confidence boost to learn more plants!

also guys i know human reproduction really well but not in side out. is it a definite question? its just the hormones part that i keep getting mixed up on.
    any advice would be much appreciated. thanks!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'd definitely add photosynthesis and the circulatory system (including lymph) to that list, and narrow down human reproduction a bit (to the topics I mentioned you in another thread.)

You don't have to do every experiment, be logical and narrow them down to what's likely this year (in section B). Yeast experiments and preparation of DNA and probably SOME microscope or SOME practical ecology I reckon would be the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement