Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Fee's-A rip off??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doc_46

I contacted BOI today, I naively thought that a direct debits would suffice as part of the 9 transactions per qtr.
    I'll get around it by sticking 50c on my credit card weekly! Sod em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Given the current climate, isn't it a matter of months before all banks are charging fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Banks are a business, they are there to make money, they are not a charity. If they dont catch you one way they will catch you another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

I too got hit nicely....I cannot recall being informed before the quarter that this change was going to occur..I heard something in the media, but assumed I would get a letter about it before it happened...am going to go in to opt for the payment option that suits me best in future and kick up a fuss.. [but will also be move 9euro into credit card over 9 days to get free banking]...before I go in though, did anyone get written notice in advance of this or was the only information given, the info that was in the media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mick kk wrote: »
    I too got hit nicely....I cannot recall being informed before the quarter that this change was going to occur..I heard something in the media, but assumed I would get a letter about it before it happened...am going to go in to opt for the payment option that suits me best in future and kick up a fuss.. [but will also be move 9euro into credit card over 9 days to get free banking]...before I go in though, did anyone get written notice in advance of this or was the only information given, the info that was in the media?

I went in to ask why I wasnt personally informed and a less than helpful bank staff member told me "we did advertise this in newspapers". I said I didnt buy newspapers and she just looked at me with a 'tough luck' look on her face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

surely they have information about this on their website also, assume they just don't advertise on newspapers, if they did advertise it would probably be a small section on the bottom of some corner of the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Banks are a business, they are there to make money, they are not a charity. If they dont catch you one way they will catch you another way.
    they might not be a charity but they didnt mind taken the taxpayers charity.

Advertisement