Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FL Studio 9 beginners :D

Options
  • 31-05-2011 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

Hey downloaded the demo and want to have a go at making some good music, well an attempt anyways. Can't really get anything to go together at all. Any tips? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

mink_man wrote: »
    Hey downloaded the demo and want to have a go at making some good music, well an attempt anyways. Can't really get anything to go together at all. Any tips? :D

What kind of music do you want to make?

FL works like this.

You use the step sequencer to make beats usually by dragging in drum samples from the library on the left.

Then pick a plugin from channels in the top left hand bar.

This will be added to the step sequencer. Right click the plugins top left arrow button. The little one in the corner.

There you choose a preset (a set sound), these can be changed of course)

Draw in notes, chords and then draw the pattern into the playlist.

Then you can add effects in the mixer.

Search for tutorials on youtube, there are loads. NFX beats (Hip Hop), Kev Willow (Dubstep, Grime, Electronic genres) and lots of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

I suppose trance? If that's what you mean by what type? :D

Ya I have dragged drums and stuff over into the roll thingy, didn't know how to use them effects things though. That's good help :D Cheers :)

mink_man wrote: »
    I suppose trance? If that's what you mean by what type? :D

Ya I have dragged drums and stuff over into the roll thingy, didn't know how to use them effects things though. That's good help :D Cheers :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/KevWillow7

Some great tutorials there for Trance.

Follow this series from beginning to end. This is the first video in the series.

They are long videos. Maybe take notes on each section and practice along with the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rayzercork

warbeats is another good youtube channel to check out

rayzercork wrote: »
    warbeats is another good youtube channel to check out

Oh yeah, sorry I mentioned NFX, he's the producer behind Warbeats.

The channel is called NFX beats.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nfxbeats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 graham_k

I think with FL9, theres a trance demo project called 'hold on'

I'm unsure if it comes with the demo version, but its a great showcase for the plug ins and instruments that come with FL.

you can look at what gets used in the mixer channels, how the patterns are all set out and acquaint yourself with the workflow of FL, you might even pick up a trick or two for mixdowns when you get going with it! :D

Advertisement