Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can A Cat Blind A Dog With It's Spit?

• 31-05-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,702 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, the little yapper had a stand-off with a cat out the back the other day until I sprayed the cat with the hose, but a friend was telling me that apparently a vet told him that a cat's spit can blind a dog if it gets into it's eyes.

Is the true or is it a load of s**t?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes, it's a well known fact that cat's spit is actually made up of acid.

I can only assume your friend was having a laugh.
    Unless he misheard a vet saying that a cat *scratching* a dog's eye could blind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,702 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Apparently he was deadly serious about it. I had a hard time believing it, but I just wasn't sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cat saliva does contain some nasty bacteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Well I don't think a dog's eye is too far different from a human's eye so if that was the case how come loads of humans (me included who regularly gets a full face lick from my cat in the morning) haven't gone blind. Unless he misheard spitting for scratching I too would think that is a load of bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Maybe the vet told him a cats claw can blind a dog if it gets in it's eye . . . or maybe they just made it up, imagined it or dreamt it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Maybe the vet told him a cats claw can blind a dog if it gets in it's eye . . . or maybe they just made it up, imagined it or dreamt it :P
    spit sounds like sh.t .:D i did nt think cats actually spat when they spat if ya know what i mean:confused:

Advertisement