Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assistant Lecturer Payscale

• 31-05-2011 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I've checked the stickies relevant links seem to be broken.

I'm wondering what sort of pay an assistant lecturer in an IT should expect.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Assistant Lecturer

1/1/10

€ 39,715

Taken from TUI site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Thanks, what does the 1 to 8 scale mean?

There's not much in the job description although it doesn't say it's part time.

As an assistant lecturer I suppose I'm expected to have a masters or something. So I'm guessing that theres no 'bonus' for academic qualifications?

Apologies for all the questions. Trying to weigh up being academic or non-academic staff at the moment, is it worth the change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Assistant Lecturer scale is (from http://www.tui.ie/Salary_Scales/Default.286.html#Assistant_Lecturer):

Point 1
    € 39,715
    Point 2
    € 41,320
    Point 3
    €42,960
    Point 4
    €44,256
    Point 5
    €45,568
    Point 6
    €46,878
    Point 7
    €48,190
    Point 8
    €49,487

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

atgate wrote: »
    Assistant Lecturer scale is (from http://www.tui.ie/Salary_Scales/Default.286.html#Assistant_Lecturer):

Point 1
    € 39,715
    Point 2
    € 41,320
    Point 3
    €42,960
    Point 4
    €44,256
    Point 5
    €45,568
    Point 6
    €46,878
    Point 7
    €48,190
    Point 8
    €49,487

That scale does not include the changes as introduced by Budget 2011.

If you are a new entrant (no previous experience in the public service) and are hired post 1 January 2011, you are employed on 10% less than the above scale and you must start at the first point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Godge wrote: »
    That scale does not include the changes as introduced by Budget 2011.

If you are a new entrant (no previous experience in the public service) and are hired post 1 January 2011, you are employed on 10% less than the above scale and you must start at the first point.

Does anyone know if existing public servants can enter above the first point on the scale>?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Does the third level sector work like the second level ie that if you had been employed as a lecturer part time at any stage before the pay cut you would be on the previous scales?

Advertisement