Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Boundary Extension

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

perhaps. only access point is in Limerick though, since they've locked the back gate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

Westbury! Good old Clare name!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

I wonder where this new council will meet, in city hall or in the new specially designed county council offices in Dooradoyle? Maybe the mayors office will be city hall and the council in Dooradoyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

zuroph wrote: »
    perhaps. only access point is in Limerick though, since they've locked the back gate.

seems the back door is still open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

there seems to be confusion about the UL part of clare, now they are saying on live95fm that it aint being expanded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

this plan is completely stupid. the boundary needs to be expanded into clare whether Cathal Crowe or his lackies like it or not, merge the City Council with the county if you want, as long as there is a split in the city of anykind we will have to revisit this again.

The idea of merging the two is in itself stupid. bad enough that Jim Long is going to be Limerick's last mayor, the embarrassment of that alone.

The regeneration agencies are to be merged into the new council too. probably for the best as they did very little of great significance. but look at how the needs of the city were forgotten about . the agencies disappearing just formalises that government forgetfulness.

UL will still be split between Limerick and Clare. again a stupid idea. UL would probably save money were it under one authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zuroph wrote: »
    meh, only on private land, built to be part of UL. It think it encompasses ONE house that was already there. We'll miss the neighbours.

That house is long gone! It's a building site now!

Some neighbour you are, Zuroph! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I predict it will all be fine.
    Also, Billy, Jim wont be our last mayor, theres two more , then its thrown open in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Another 100 jobs for Galway, 350 for Cork.

Seems like Noonan is another flop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

charlemont wrote: »
    Ha, I agree, But now the city boundary wouldnt be extended, I reckon it will be completely abolished anyway this country hasnt a clue about administration, Waterford and Galway are the only city councils to have all their urban areas included in their authorities here.

This wont work out at all, It'll be a fiasco.

Waterford has suburbs in County Kilkenny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Waterford has suburbs in County Kilkenny!

Yes, It does but all the urban area in Waterford itself is under the control of the City Council, Whereas Limerick has several adjoining areas that sprouted out from the city only to be under the control of Limerick County Council.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

I have a big problem with bland imported and totally inapproptiate place names such as ' Westbury'. Now that Westbury is definitely a part of Clare, I would suggest that the residents of Westbury get together and change the name of the place to something that reflects the original local Clare townland names. I imagine that the name ' Westbury' was imposed by some developer so as to give the place some kind of snob value. What exactly is a ' Westbury' anyway? I imagine that some research on English placenames may come up with the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

this plan is completely stupid. the boundary needs to be expanded into clare whether Cathal Crowe or his lackies like it or not, merge the City Council with the county if you want, as long as there is a split in the city of anykind we will have to revisit this again.

The idea of merging the two is in itself stupid. bad enough that Jim Long is going to be Limerick's last mayor, the embarrassment of that alone.

The regeneration agencies are to be merged into the new council too. probably for the best as they did very little of great significance. but look at how the needs of the city were forgotten about . the agencies disappearing just formalises that government forgetfulness.

UL will still be split between Limerick and Clare. again a stupid idea. UL would probably save money were it under one authority.

He won't be the last mayor, but I agree with your sentiment.

Advertisement