Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink [PC]

Options
  • 31-05-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Can anyone who has bought Brink for the pc give me a short review..
    nothin major or anything, Id just like to know what they think of it, is it worth buying?

any chance you could compare it to bad company 2, or call of duty, just so I have an idea about it.

Ive been considering buying it, but with a lot of games I have bought lately, i wouldnt be playing them after a week or two, simply because they just arent good.

So can any people who got this for the PC please let me know what they think of it, and if its worth buying?

TL;DR :
    Is brink good on the PC? and is it really worth buying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has bought Brink for the pc give me a short review..
    nothin major or anything, Id just like to know what they think of it, is it worth buying?
    I got it, terrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

oh yeah?:(
    ive been lookin for a decent multiplayer game to play lately.

whats makin it terrible?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This might help you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Wow! I just happened to skip on to about 36 mins and he gives a review of the game.

"One of the most fun experiences I've had in multiplayer".

He puts a few caveats in there but it is a gushing review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

om only a few mins into this review, and it seems very much like a customization based team fortress two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would not ask opinion about brink on boards.ie lad. most people hate it, and they hate that some people like it.

i Love it, i had xbox version on release date, but peer 2 peer is just horrible. makes games unplayable. i got pc version too now and with dedicated servers its class.

Its not like any ather shooter on the market. Scoreboard is just a list of xp, so your K/D junkies allready abondened game m8. It means more team based people on playing now. No bots on dedicated servers. only real people, which is perfect.

Some balance issues are in game, but i presume they will be sorted with that new FREE dlc/patch which adds 2 weapon addons, 2 new maps, 2 new full costume sets.

for 30 quid of pc version you can do way worse. Check Totalbiscuits review of it. He does not jump in on hate train that fast, so he is more neutral reviewer/previewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have it on the XBOX Although I don't hate it i do find it dull and pointless.
    The levels/missions are so boring and small that you spend the majority of the game in the one of the choke spots. Weapons pack no punch and the Graphics are poor (Low Res).
    It just doesn't add anything new to the Genre..I'm selling/trading mine.

Advertisement