Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalize Cannabis Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

sh.it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Yes Legalize Cannabis, take the money out of the criminal's hands.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Yes Legalize Cannabis, take the money out of the criminal's hands.

Criminals will still probably make money through illegal stuff (stronger/cheaper).

It took people long enough to realised they couldn't drive while drunk so how long will it take for stoner to realise? Imagine all the people going into work stoned and driving too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Criminals will still probably make money through illegal stuff (stronger/cheaper).

It took people long enough to realised they couldn't drive while drunk so how long will it take for stoner to realise? Imagine all the people going into work stoned and driving too.

Been a few campaigns now about stoned driving, there's one at the moment as well actually. Maybe they are preparing us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Stoned drivers on weed... umm...Well the weed stay's in your system for at least 6 weeks from the last time you smoke/ate it, but if you haven't had a Joint in 3 weeks or so and all of a sudden the gardai pulled you over and decided to bring you to the station for a drug test/urine sample then i think your screwed maybe, as it will show up, so i really don't know how they will manage this.

With alcohol, you can still be done the morning after having a few, but being done for having a Joint 3 weeks before coming up in a urine sample is going to be an interesting scenario to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

zenno wrote: »
    Stoned drivers on weed... umm...Well the weed stay's in your system for at least 6 weeks from the last time you smoke/ate it, but if you haven't had a Joint in 3 weeks or so and all of a sudden the gardai pulled you over and decided to bring you to the station for a drug test/urine sample then i think your screwed maybe, as it will show up, so i really don't know how they will manage this.

With alcohol, you can still be done the morning after having a few, but being done for having a Joint 3 weeks before coming up in a urine sample is going to be an interesting scenario to deal with.

I know its not technically legal there, but I wonder how they deal with this in Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I know its not technically legal there, but I wonder how they deal with this in Holland.

Not sure about Holland,but once I was driving a Dutch regestered car in the German Rhein-Moselle area,in what I thought was sightseeing,and my companions brought with them some of hollands finest which stunk out the car, I honestly had not been privy to their activities,and it wasn't until we were in the Hunsruck hills that they brought it out.

To cut a long story short,police in Koblenz stopped the car and because of all my pothead passengers,searched the car and forced me to take 4 different urine samples (alcohol/metamphetamines/cannabis/cocaine)at the roadside.

Thankfully the stoners admitted that the gear they had with them was purchased in Holland,so they had their fines trebled for smuggling also.If it appears bitter,it is,because I warned them not to bring sh1t with them-different country,different rules.

So for the smokers out there,if caught,say you got your weed locally;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If you think about the narcotics industry today the weed trade has become like the Numbers Racket, an old dependable weekly earner, if it was legalised it wouldn't have any major impact on organised crime groups. They'll still make their big coin in drugs and other interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Legalise it.

Sure i had a book from the early 80's, can't find it now, but it has every plant naturally growing in Ireland and on the roadside as a weed that you can get stoned on, and as I said, these weeds and plants just grow beside your average road or in the valley.

Where do people think valium came from ? The pharmaceutical companies sell it, but they mix other ****e into it for their own purposes with tons of side effects.

Valium... believe it or not grows in most fields and valley's in Ireland, it's called the valerian root, from the valerian plant, you have to dig deep to get to the big root.

I picked one once and cleaned the root and then sliced a five inch clump from the root and put it in a small pan with water covering it and heated to the boil and then left it off-side and covered the top of the pan with tin-foil and left it for 6 hours.

Six hours later i done a test of it using a tea-spoon (not a table-spoon).

I took the root out and dumped it in the bin as should be done, and kept the water extract from the root as in water form but yellowish looking and there you have pure valium. One tea-spoon will really relax you, but if you took 3 table-spoons of this purely extracted valerian root liquid...you will be out there, it's very potent indeed.

Why people pay to purchase second-hand contaminated medicine is beyond me, when all you have to do is pick the plant/root yourself and extract it's major contents free, from nature.

People pay for this kind of stuff, and there in it's obliviousness lies a free natural remedy, but feck all people know it exists...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

zenno wrote: »
    Legalise it.

Sure i had a book from the early 80's, can't find it now, but it has every plant naturally growing in Ireland and on the roadside as a weed that you can get stoned on, and as I said, these weeds and plants just grow beside your average road or in the valley.

Where do people think valium came from ? The pharmaceutical companies sell it, but they mix other ****e into it for their own purposes with tons of side effects.

Valium... believe it or not grows in most fields and valley's in Ireland, it's called the valerian root, from the valerian plant, you have to dig deep to get to the big root.

I picked one once and cleaned the root and then sliced a five inch clump from the root and put it in a small pan with water covering it and heated to the boil and then left it off-side and covered the top of the pan with tin-foil and left it for 6 hours.

Six hours later i done a test of it using a tea-spoon (not a table-spoon).

I took the root out and dumped it in the bin as should be done, and kept the water extract from the root as in water form but yellowish looking and there you have pure valium. One tea-spoon will really relax you, but if you took 3 table-spoons of this purely extracted valerian root liquid...you will be out there, it's very potent indeed.

Why people pay to purchase second-hand contaminated medicine is beyond me, when all you have to do is pick the plant/root yourself and extract it's major contents free, from nature.

People pay for this kind of stuff, and there in it's obliviousness lies a free natural remedy, but feck all people know it exists...

....... do you really think that it's "valium" that's in the plant? and that boiling it in a pot leaves you with pure diazepam? or that it even occurs naturally? you've been misinformed quite a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Please not another pothead waster tread, trying to justify it usual.

/ignore

mod: banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Big Bottom wrote: »

/ignore

please not another uninformed stoner bashing post

/ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

Just out of curiosity, what would be the penalty if caught growing a plant? I mean a single plant, would you be accused of growing to supply or would they believe that one plant is for personal use?

Its like anything in law, it can go anyway. I know people who have went to jail because they said theyd gave their mates a few joints out of their grow and others who have got caught with 60 plants walk away with a few hundred euro fine. Remember, its not illegal to grow weed here in ireland, its only illegal to grow without a license ;) and if you have a strong case for needing it medicaly then the judge will look at this in your favour. If you say you grew it for you and your mates, passed a joint to anyone or even sold the tinyest of amounts then your looking at jail time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

he is not the worst in fairness to him (minger),but he should use his energy on somthing that has a chance of happening,like getting the hospital back up or getting somthing done for the turf cutters.our political establishment is full of fossils that think weed is akin to coke and gear.

.our political establishment is full of fossils that think weed is akin to coke and gear.

This will change in 20 years thou because all these collage boys and up and coming politicians will have used drugs mpore than these **** who are in government now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

they will probably tax the f*** out of that too:mad:
    its now ok to kill an unborn child in this kip,but if yu are caught growing a harmless plant you are the local leppar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

/ignore

Waster? How rude, I am happily married with two kids, work 60-70 hrs a week and have a nice home and nice cars etc, at 32 years old I have smoked weed over half my life, how in your opinion am I a waster?

gallag wrote: »
    Waster? How rude, I am happily married with two kids, work 60-70 hrs a week and have a nice home and nice cars etc, at 32 years old I have smoked weed over half my life, how in your opinion am I a waster?

best put her on ignore mate. this is a subject that's alien to her.

Good on you fella. I know lots of "stoners" like you who have a nice wee family, go to work, pay their taxs etc.. and have a few Js and doesnt cause harm to n one. However i do know lots of people who on the other hand do all the same but swap the weed with drink and their are a ****ing disaster.

First off, anyone who says they are happily married usually are not, is your wife happy that you smoke it? Course she is, two kids 'nice cars', probably up to your eyes in debt, have another bit of weed you'll be fine,

• Advertisement

First off, anyone who says they are happily married usually are not, is your wife happy that you smoke it? Course she is, two kids 'nice cars', probably up to your eyes in debt, have another bit of weed you'll be fine,

/ignore

Someone is a wee bit bitter, I can tell you have been hurt, probably by a man that abused weed. I hope you can move on.

Someone is a wee bit bitter, I can tell you have been hurt, probably by a man that abused weed. I hope you can move on.

troll mate, we're the ones who should be moving on. she literally said everything in a post was a lie because it clashed with her beliefs.

sad.

What's sad is someone with kids and heavily in debt trying to justify their habit.
    Enough said,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

/ignore
    It's not another thread, it's the same thread that's been here for months.

What's sad is someone with kids and heavily in debt trying to justify their habit.
    Enough said,

please provide proof that the poster you are speculating about is heavily in debt, or unhappily married.

can you really not acknowledge that someone can be successful and use cannabis? really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Enough said,

Oh, oh, oh, do me.

I'm married, no kids, no debt, steady job, don't drink much, go to the gym, and love to sit down after a days work, and blaze up with my gorgeous wife, while we chat, communicate, and have fun.

Please tell me I'm a waster too.

Actually, scratch that, I do have debt. Managable debt.

Enough said,

I do have debt, I do also have a very happy family, I think you are one of two things, a troll, in which case I feel sorry for you or you have been with an abusive partner who abused drugs and has left you with the genuine belief than anyone who partakes of drugs (while being indoctrinated to ignore socially acceptable drugs like alcohol etc) is equally bad.

It must be really **** to be with someone who puts drugs (any drugs) before the happiness of the family but you need to learn not everyone is the same. Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Enough said,

What's sad is someone thinking they know somebody based on outdated and stupid stereotypes that have been debunked several times in this thread!! Perhaps if big bottom got of your big arse and researched the topic a little more then you would see that weed is........actually you know what, don't bother as sometimes it's fun to listen to people like you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Enough said,

I suppose you are debt free.

Advertisement