Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalize Cannabis Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Not everyone gets paranoid but i take you point. Some people do get paranoid. But that is becouse it is illegal. Not becouse there is anything in weed that makes you paranoid....

I'm sorry but that is just not true.

It can cause phychosis in people, I suppose that's because they are afraid of being caught smoking the drug?

Come on now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Big Bottom wrote: »
    What would a weed Boards party involve a load of wasters sitting around 'hey man, remember that post and I got loads of thanks for making a stupid joke? It was great I stayed up all night, my parents wer ewonderingwhat I was doingall night on my computer?'
    I actually got hit by one of the little flecks of spittle that flew out of your mouth as you typed this up in incandescent rage.

Yeah u mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

It can cause phychosis in people, I suppose that's because they are afraid of being caught smoking the drug?

Come on now...

The psychosis was there already but brought out through an abuse of a substance. Moderation is key. You cant teach moderation when something is illegal, instead they say "just say no"..... real effective.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What would a weed Boards party involve a load of wasters sitting around 'hey man, remember that post and I got loads of thanks for making a stupid joke? It was great I stayed up all night, my parents wer ewonderingwhat I was doingall night on my computer?'

I dont even smoke weed and would rather be around a bunch of stoned people than drunk, never seen someone start an argument when stoned. why does smoking make you a waster but drinking doesnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Come on now...

I dont get paranoid, nor have I any mental health issues.

so it is true.

you're preaching exceptions, not rules... so in essence what you're saying is not true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Come on now...

No

psychosis means having unusual or strange experiences. Look it up...

The first time i smoked weed i laughed for about 30 mins straight. Was a complete euphoria feeling. That was quite a 'strange and unusual experience' but that doesn't mean it was a bad experience.

But again i know what you are reffering to. If someone has an underlieing mental disorder then weed can bring it out. But for normal healty induviduals it is fine.

psychosis =/ paranoia by the way

Can i ask you a massive favour. Watch this documentry. Is a very good documentry and will clear up alot of misconceptions you may have.

edit. Ps Wish i could stay and debate this further but i have a bit of work i need to get done. I know it is alot to ask to watch a two hour documentry but we would end up going around in circils otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Come on now...

You were moaning about societies attitude to fat people a while back.. and how you're offended and annoyed by it. So you've some nerve to offend and call others names for smoking weed.

What creates a bigger cost fort society as a whole.. fat fcuks that can't be arsed to look after themselves and end up getting sick at an early age only to need treatment for years & years for various conditions, or the 'wasters' you speak of that smoke a bit of weed?

Don't sit and judge others while demanding that nobody judges you

all priests are kiddy fiddlers and all catholics are stupid.

I can make up generalisations too, now can we get back to the discussion at hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Holy fuck!

€800 for growing a plant that he wanted to smoke in his living room watching TV.

What? €50 for drunk and disorderly? Which will cost the tax-payer thousands in wages and fees?

The game is truly fucking rigged.

Its strikes me as if they would prefer if people sourced their smoke off a dealer..You think they would be happy people are growing it themselves and not handing money over to dealers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A cake made with cannabis.................. The ultimate dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

mikom wrote: »
    A cake made with cannabis.................. The ultimate dilemma.

No dilemma, that fúcker is gettin' ate.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

charlemont wrote: »
    Its strikes me as if they would prefer if people sourced their smoke off a dealer..You think they would be happy people are growing it themselves and not handing money over to dealers...

This is why i grew my own, i just hated putting myself into that world of drug dealers. They are scum of the earth and i hated meeting up with them for some weed. Most drug dealers i kno wall sleep in their beds till mid afternoon, wear gold chains around their kneck and are pure scum. Even chattint to them you just can see the scummynes in them. IMO, we all should be aloud to grow 3 plants each!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    ....... do you really think that it's "valium"that's in the plant? and that boiling it in a pot leaves you with pure diazepam? or that it even occurs naturally? you've been misinformed quite a lot

I was speaking in a round-about way as the same effects you would get from valium, hope that clears it up for ye. Maybe i should have made my comment clearer as to this, but it was very early in the morning as tiredness kicked in, but now you know, so have a nice day :)

First off, anyone who says they are happily married usually are not, is your wife happy that you smoke it? Course she is, two kids 'nice cars', probably up to your eyes in debt, have another bit of weed you'll be fine,

I recommend you study everything you can in relation to cannabis, because you really do not understand anything about it at this time. A bit of education never hurt anyone and all the information is online so i can't understand why you won't educate yourself relating to cannabis.

It's always easier to just throw rubbish remarks to other posters than learn about something.

zenno wrote: »
    I recommend you study everything you can in relation to cannabis, because you really do not understand anything about it at this time. A bit of education never hurt anyone and all the information is online so i can't understand why you won't educate yourself relating to cannabis.

It's always easier to just throw rubbish remarks to other posters than learn about something.

Dunno if she can hear you as she got banned.
    Please not another pothead waster tread, trying to justify it usual.

/ignore

mod: banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

well said dude

Groggy as hell...Think i had too much blue cheese last night, is this sunday :confused:

Ming is just a bar stool politician IMO .why is he wasting his time placating the stoner vote when could be doing something beneficial to every one?

Ming is just a bar stool politician IMO .why is he wasting his time placating the stoner vote when could be doing something beneficial to every one?

Maybe he remembers his roots.......

Was the irony of the "bar stool" lost on you?

No what I meant was that he is playing up to the drunken masses

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Dunno if she can hear you as she got banned.

I'm sure a re-reg or someone equally as idiotic will be along. weed threads always bring them out of the woodwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Does cannabis not cause really bad paranoia? It was on Jeremy Kyle I think the other day that a guy who smoked cannabis hid in his wardrobe the whole night because he thought his girlfriend was cheating on him.
    I mean people say it is less dangerous than alcohol, but f**k me, I would not want to deal with people who are constantly paranoid and accusing you of stuff. I dealt with a person like that before and it was so stressful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

rox5 wrote: »
    Does cannabis not cause really bad paranoia? It was on Jeremy Kyle I think the other day that a guy who smoked cannabis hid in his wardrobe the whole night because he thought his girlfriend was cheating on him.

Firstly, do you really believe the stuff you see on Jeremy Kyle? If so, you actually need to be a bit more paranoid. Secondly, it depends on the strain of weed. One with a high THC content would be more likely to cause paranoia, but to be blunt you'd need to be fairly paranoid for that to make a difference.

rox5 wrote: »
    I mean people say it is less dangerous than alcohol, but f**k me, I would not want to deal with people who are constantly paranoid and accusing you of stuff. I dealt with a person like that before and it was so stressful.

Some people can get paranoid from smoking hash, but less likely to from smoking sativa cannabis bud, indica is a more heavy relaxing one which i don't smoke myself, i always stick with sativa. It all depends if these people have other under-lying problems as well, Also taking too much of anything is not good for you, but in moderation it can be fine, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TLEN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

How come the peace loving hippies who smoke dope don't seem to have a problem lining the pockets of the same organised criminals who traffic people across borders for the sex slave industry?

Why not wait until it's legal until you smoke it, instead of giving your money to gangsters?

Next time you're really stoned think about the poor teenage girls being raped nightly in Dublin by the same pimps supplying your peaceful, harmless plant.

Pkiernan wrote: »

Next time you're really stoned think about the poor teenage girls being raped nightly in Dublin by the same pimps supplying your peaceful, harmless plant.

Then think about the publicans who have raped teenage girls.
    Talk about hyperbole......

Not everybody deals with gangsters.

How come the peace loving hippies who smoke dope don't seem to have a problem lining the pockets of the same organised criminals who traffic people across borders for the sex slave industry?

Why not wait until it's legal until you smoke it, instead of giving your money to gangsters?

I use my own peaceful harmless plant to myself, for MY personal use, so i don't deal with the people you talk about. You are not living in the real world assuming everyone that smokes it must be getting it off criminal elements.

I suppose these two are criminals as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Next time you are in peaceful, harmless church remember that all the people given mass are pedophiles that rape children...

Generalisation like that dont work. See?

Most of the people who sell weed dont get into the stuff you are on about. Hell, Alot of dealers only sell weed.

And the best way to stop what you were on about is to legalize. And the best way to stop people from keeping harping on about this is to legalize.

One good backed up reason why it sould remain illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

This only encourages reason for it to be legalized :)

Advertisement