Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalize Cannabis Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

zenno wrote: »
    I supply my own peaceful harmless plant to myself, i grow my own for MY personal use, so i don't deal with the people you talk about. You are not living in the real world assuming everyone that smokes it must be getting it off criminal elements.

I suppose these two are criminals as well ?

that great that you are self sufficient and all but you shouldnt be advertising it on a public forum dude;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I supply my own peaceful harmless plant to myself, i grow my own for MY personal use, so i don't deal with the people you talk about. You are not living in the real world assuming everyone that smokes it must be getting it off criminal elements.

I suppose these two are criminals as well ?

The Gardaí are actively seeking these renegade Bunnies, And we ask the public to remain vigilant and to contact their local station if they encounter them. We have received evidence they are involved in a burrowing operation to transport the Devil's Weed around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

that great that you are self sufficient and all but you shouldnt be advertising it on a public forum dude;)

I honestly don't care, it's just a plant.

I honestly don't care, it's just a plant, and it's not like i'm growing a big harvest. I just grow my own small bit for my own personal use. If anyone has a problem with this , then they can kiss my arse :)
    just be carefull dude

just be carefull dude

The Data protection act will save me :D

They can take my soul, but don't take my medicinal herb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I just grow my own small bit for my own personal use.

Just out of curiosity; would one or two plants keep a recreational user supplied?

Just out of curiosity; would one or two plants keep a recreational user supplied?

Forsure, the low-ryder is a very small one and you get more than enough bud to do you personally but when you are growing just one plant you would want to start planting 1 more plant when the first one is in flowering so when that first plant is finished you have the other one handy for when you need it.

I'm only a weekend smoker so it lasts me ages.

then if you grow outdoors one or two plants could keep you supplied for a year

then if you grow outdoors one or two plants could keep you supplied for a year

Out-door grows can be HUGE in hot countries as we know, zod know's how much bud you would get off an enormous cannabis plant, The cannabis sativa weed grows a lot taller but takes a lot longer even in hot countries.

There is no way to grow one out-doors here in the wild, the climate is terrible.

This country is many years behind others and it will be legalised eventually, there's no doubt about that, we just have to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Why not wait until it's legal until you smoke it,
    Sounds like a good idea - problem is it's been illegal for more than 50 years. In any case, I'm sure the same things were said about alcohol during the Prohibition era. Only this time, the restoration of common sense is taking a little longer. And - key point - it may never come.
    instead of giving your money to gangsters?
    Some people do indeed prefer to "home grow" I once had a neighbor who needed a little something to relax, grew his own.
    Next time you're really stoned think about the poor teenage girls being raped nightly in Dublin by the same pimps supplying your peaceful, harmless plant.
    That's a good argument, but you should present it to those advocating a continuation of the failed policies of prohibitionism/abolitionism.

• Advertisement

Out-door grows can be HUGE in hot countries as we know, zod know's how much bud you would get off an enormous cannabis plant, The cannabis sativa weed grows a lot taller but takes a lot longer even in hot countries.

There is no way to grow one out-doors here in the wild, the climate is terrible.

This country is many years behind others and it will be legalised eventually, there's no doubt about that, we just have to catch up.
    there many hybrids sativa/indica breeds out there now that would thrive in our climate;)

there many hybrids sativa/indica breeds out there now that would thrive in our climate;)

Might be weaker stuff though, not sure. Could be a problem with spider mites and all the other stuff out-doors though.

Might be weaker stuff though, not sure. Could be a problem with spider mites and all the other stuff out-doors though.

outdoors nature keeps that in check with ladybirds ect,

outdoors nature keeps that in check with ladybirds ect,

It probably would but you don't see many ladybirds around one or two plants. I never tried out-doors though. If the plants were infested with the spider mites i suppose you would still have to collect many ladybirds to add to the plants and hope they stay there :)

It probably would but you don't see many ladybirds around one or two plants. I never tried out-doors though. If the plants were infested with the spider mites i suppose you would still have to collect many ladybirds to add to the plants and hope they stay there :)
    spray their wings with cola and they will happily walk around the plants munching on aphids ect

spray their wings with cola and they will happily walk around the plants munching on aphids ect

Nah...I wouldn't harm the ladybirds, i'd let them just eat away and if they went then so be it. It's all got to be done clean and nicely, No damage to the plant and none to the critters that are helping me out :)

Time for rancho relaxo....

Folks, I think it's time for a spliff and the cannabis song, let us celebrate the goodness of the natural herb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ming is doing this cause no favours in all honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

At least we now know that memory loss is a side effect of smoking cannabis. Otherwise Minger would definitely have mentioned the penalty points he had quashed.

At least we now know that memory loss is a side effect of smoking cannabis. Otherwise Minger would definitely have mentioned the penalty points he had quashed.

Why ruin the stone man by inserting the penalty points issue ?

Getting baked has nothing to do with this penalty point garbage, I'd say if you got away with it you would be a happy camper yourself, Ming is the future and the philosopher of intelligent happenings, good work Ming.

Don't mind that spacer upstairs talking about side-effects, i think s/he was changing the décor of the sitting room too many times and has got confused with all the changes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

http://www.tweetganic.com/a/349127
    Cannabis could soon by available under prescription for MS patients, as legislation is finalised to make it legal, he Health Products Regulatory Authority has confirmed
    CEO of the Health Products Regulatory Authority Pat O'Mahony said the authority had now finished examining the scientific merits of using cannabis to help ease symptoms of multiple sclerosis such as muscle spasms.
    Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Sean O'Rourke, he said the policy-makers in the Department of Health are due to issue a revision to legislation to allow cannabis be available under prescription for MS sufferers.
    He also said that next week the HPRA will publish a list of 12 active ingredients and medicines that should be available over the counter, instead of by prescription only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ryanb5040

Firstly id like to say that i am all for legalizing cannabis, as said before by many it would be a huge increase in the economy in Ireland, it would also improve the medical industry and tourism industry in our country. Now i'm not say that we should open up a cannabis distribution center in every county in Ireland but you have to think realistically, i know for a fact that many people who have already posted to this board partake in the use of alcohol, tobacco, and drugs be it recreational or medical needed. what is to stop people drinking half a bottle or jack Daniels on the lunch break, or smoking 15 smokes or doing a joint or even huffing paint thinner. the fact of the matter is that it is up the individual to be sensible and responsible. i cant tell my neighbor to stop drink anymore that he can tell me to stop smoking cigarettes. Moaning about the use of drugs is not useful. people need to get informed and do something about it. how would everyone feel if a loved one had cancer and used cannabis as a pain relief rather than morphine.

( a widely used pain killer derived from the poppy, and did you know that heroin was developed as a alternative to morphine in the 1800s and heroin is the number 1 most used drug in Ireland.)

cannabis has never and probably will never cause a person to die from use alone.

h

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pkiernan wrote: »
    How come the peace loving hippies who smoke dope don't seem to have a problem lining the pockets of the same organised criminals who traffic people across borders for the sex slave industry?

Why not wait until it's legal until you smoke it, instead of giving your money to gangsters?

Next time you're really stoned think about the poor teenage girls being raped nightly in Dublin by the same pimps supplying your peaceful, harmless plant.
    It's always funny the way people spend the last few dozen pages answering these questions, everyone comes to their conclusions and then someone pops in with the exact same points kicking it off all over again.

The only way someone could still believe this kind of nonsense is if they have their head in the sand and just don't listen to anything other than the voice in their head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Peter Hitchens thinks the Pro Cannabis people are covering up its side effects.
    Correlation is not Causation. But it's also not not Causation. How today's Dope Apologists are just like Big Tobacco apologists 60 years ago.

You can't blame the Cannabis Comment Warriors for ceaselessly pointing out that 'correlation isn't causation' . They are desperate.

For they are in much the same position that Big Tobacco was in when it first became clear that cigarette smokers were becoming ill in large numbers. The correlation was there. The cause couldn't be proved. So, rather than admitting the risk, they reached for the most complacent possible answer, so delaying the general recognition of the truth for many years.

The modern campaigners for Big Dope - tantalisingly close as they are to legalization - fear this topic greatly. They know very well a) that many marijuana users become mentally ill , b) that mental illness itself is extremely hard to categorize objectively and c) that the mechanism by which they become ill is currently impossible to discover, and may remain so for many years. The same was true, for a long time, of the undoubted correlation between cigarette smoking and lung cancer, and the same claim was emplyed by Big Tobacco as is now being used by the people who hope to be Big Dope.

They are quite right to say that correlation is not necessarily evidence of causation. But they are less keen to admit the corollary.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/cannabis/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

People who have latent mental ilness may take cannabis as a sort of self medication. This could explain the high mental ilness of canabis users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

People who have latent mental ilness may take cannabis as a sort of self medication. This could explain the high mental ilness of canabis users.

It doesn't though.

The latest report, published in the Lancet (the one that got headlines last week) stressed that results were controlled to take into account mental health issues.

People (in some cases) were made mentally unwell by using cannabis.

Cannabis does make some people mentally unwell, just like smoking tobacco makes some people get lung cancer.

It doesn't though.

The latest report, published in the Lancet (the one that got headlines last week) stressed that results were controlled to take into account mental health issues.

Yes, because as we all know the teenage years are usually the most stable times in a persons life. It's not like anything changes in their body around this time.

I'm not arguing kids shouldn't use drugs. This time in a persons life is the wrong time to start messing with the chemical balance of the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yes, because as we all know the teenage years are usually the most stable times in a persons life. It's not like anything changes in their body around this time.

I'm not arguing kids shouldn't use drugs. This time in a persons life is the wrong time to start messing with the chemical balance of the body.

I don't think there's ever a great time to be doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

It doesn't though.

WHO CARES???? The fact is 1000's of people in Ireland smoke it. If it was legal it would generate tax revenue, it would have an age limit where it wouldn't be sold to kids under 18 and it would stop funding criminal gangs and it wouldn't be cut with glass to make it heavier.

On the whole the drug is virtually harmless and those who suffer from serious paranoia (i.e 1 in 6000) could be educated to simple not smoke this non addictive substance.

I don't drink, but I smoke cannabis about 4 times a week. Why do I have to commit a crime to smoke a harmless drug in my own house where I am not hurting anyone, but it's totally ok for me to go out, get off my face drunk, start fights, piss all over the streets.

There needs to be a change in policy right now

• Advertisement

I don't think there's ever a great time to be doing that.
    You're entitled to believe that and if you don't want to use drugs don't. But don't let your fear limit other peoples ability to enjoy their lives doing something that has relatively zero harm to a grown adult.

Advertisement