Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage gone up again..Options??

Options
  • 31-05-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭

Hi

I see that Ulster Bank will one again increase my Mortgage come 1st July. This is the 2nd time this year...

What planet are these Bankers on...again it is the small guy that gets stepped on.

I am seriously thinking of 'shopping around'. I have 15 years left (approx €100k)on this mortgage...is there options to move OR will the legal /admin costs cost me whatever saving i make.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭HowFinancial

Unlikely to get a remortgage at a better variable these days, unless maybe there is a very high property value compared to outstanding mortgage, but if repayments are difficult you should speak to your mortgage provider. There can be options such as extending term or going interest only for a year.

At the same time you should definitely review your mortgage cover with a broker or financial advisor as you are very likely save a few quid there.

Advertisement