Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hdip in Psychology

• 31-05-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey everyone,

I'm going to UCC in Sept to do the Hdip course in Psychology and was just wondering what other people thought of this course? Also any information on where would be good to live would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sergeyevitch

First off, well done on getting in! It is a pretty tough course to get a place on!

It is a two-year full-time course, but you can take it part-time too. It's very similar to the last two years of the BA in Applied Psychology. I think most people find it quite heavy in terms of workload but also find the area enjoyable.

Have you gotten any information from the department?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 UCCnewbie11

Thanks! :)

Haven't received anything from the department. Should I have?? Studied Psychology before in NUI but really want to have a full degree in it! Can't wait to start absolutely love the subject :)

What are you doing now?

Did the degree there some years ago and a PhD after - research work now. It's a good course and a pretty nice dept; or at least it was in my day.

I would expect you will get some info from the dept, though often you only get a handbook etc when you arrive. You could do worse than check the website for info, or try contacting the course head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chanti06

Hey guys! I am applying for the HDip in psychology this year and I am currently working on my personal statement. I was just wondering had anyone who was successful any advice? I realise the course is so competitive and this is something I really want.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Application date for this course?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chanti06

The deadline is the 1st of March!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cordo

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have applied for the Hdip this year and has anyone heard anything back in relation to Interviews, etc?

Cheers,
    Cordo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Penguin24

Hey, I received an email today informing me that I have been shortlisted for an interview for the higher diploma in UCC. Have you heard anything?

Penguin24 wrote: »
    Hey, I received an email today informing me that I have been shortlisted for an interview for the higher diploma in UCC. Have you heard anything?

Haven't heard anything yet but not expecting much because haven't got any experience or have ever studied psychology before. Have you studied it at any level prior or have you got psychology related experience?

How was the whole interview process? Friend of mine is considering applying next year and I know very little about the H Dip.

• Advertisement

How was the whole interview process? Friend of mine is considering applying next year and I know very little about the H Dip.

Hey sergeyevitch,

I actually didn't get in. I also didn't get to the interview stage. I don't have any background in psychology so I am going to spend the next year building a foundation in it while also doing some volunteer work. That will hopefully make me a better candidate when I reapply next year.

Cheers,
    Cordo.

Advertisement