Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new generator

• 31-05-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

hey

just wondering can anyone recommend a good diesel generator, round a 6.5kva. does anyone have any of these. i was looking at yanmar, hatz and smdo. looking to buy new that i can put a change over switch on it for the house. can anyone recommend a dealer that you could pm me please.

many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Yanmar are fairly decent brand I think they actually make the engines themselves

be careful with cheapish ould generators there could be poor quality chinese engines in them and even if the quality isn't poor it can be fierce hard to get parts for them

also Lister-Petter are worth a look at, they used to make very good engines.they do open as well as enclosed gensets

don't need to have a new generator to put in a change over switch. is this for some sort of off the grid setup?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I like the Honda's myself.
    They can be a bit expensive though

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭oldhead

cheers daegerty im looking for a genie to run a few things off it for a new build. kangos, drills, lighting and to boil the kettle to of course which requires a few watts in its self.
    i then want to use it as a back up. i have been asking round and everyone says yanmar alright. have been pricing a few round the place. i want to buy new and look after it. at least i will know what work i will have done with it instead of not knowing if i bought second hand. a few people have mentioned a MOSA Genie with a Yanmar engine. they are more expensive alright but when i aked them what they would buy with a yanmar engine they said they would buy the MOSA with the yanmar engine. they suposed to be very quite. just wondering has anyone ever heard of these or do they have one themselves. wondering are they good

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭oldhead

2011 yea i would love the honda but they only come with petrol engines and with a 6kva that would rob me blind on petrol. diesel is the only way to go for myself anyway. cheers 2011

Advertisement