Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Plaza" on the ballysimon road

• 31-05-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

the wee shop/deli there, does anyone frequent this ?

Great shop and good food even most of the staff are spot on
    but who i assume is the manageress seems to be a bit
    powerhungy, she is continuously snapping at staff and they
    are at a stage where as soon as you finish your meal at a table
    they are waiting with a cloth and cleaner (even at quiet periods)
    I've also seen her during busy periods to skip the q, to get food and
    the same at the tea/ coffee machine, a few people have said it to me
    without me alluding to it, has anyone else noticed this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Passed that place a million times and always wondered what its like or if its even open. What differentiates it from the other standard retail brands like Mace and Spar?

That manager sounds a lot like Mr Gleeson on Henry Street Spar...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

BESman wrote: »
    Passed that place a million times and always wondered what its like or if its even open. What differentiates it from the other standard retail brands like Mace and Spar?

That manager sounds a lot like Mr Gleeson on Henry Street Spar...

as i said its good, good verity in hot foods / salads, always deals on
    soft drink multipacks and water multi packs, roaring trade at lunchtimes
    and a nice sitdown area

as i said the only thing putting me off is when the manageress is on
    she floats about looking for things to be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I go there about a few times a month for a take away lunch and have never noticed the manageress at all. Always found the place to be well stocked, convenient, reasonably priced and easy to get in and out of unlike Dunnes on Childers Rd which is the alternative for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

They're doing fishing gear in Aldi this week Frank, sounds like you're fishing for something here anyway!

Only thing I ever noticed about the place is the fleet of cars they use to block off half the car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I didn't think they would hold out so long in that location but best of luck to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

langdang wrote: »
    Only thing I ever noticed about the place is the fleet of cars they use to block off half the car park.

Yeah, I wondered about them, who owns the cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ontime

used to deliver to that shop alot but gone quiet now.definatley notice that old manager is gone as its not doin half the trade.the way its going it wont last.pity as it used to be a good spot for grub and a chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Been in there a few times for some take away lunch. Nice place and good food. Never seen the manager but I do know a few people who are like that, give them a bit of power and they think they are God.

Advertisement